230TE '88 Temp/Oil press?

budgetbenzer

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just joined.
I've had a 230TE '88 since Jan this year and oil pressure has been ok - usually around 2.5-3 bars even when hot. Recently I changed the oil and added Slick50 (recommended by brother!). Oil pressure now struggles to get up to 2 bars when hot, stationary and in D, was about 2.5 bars when I first got car (always been 3 bars when above 1k revs). Also temp climbs from around 83 where it always stayed once hot, to over 100. I understand that this is all as spec (thermostat opens around 83, fan kicks in around 102). I just wonder why the change? Car has 95k on the clock, but no history, although I recon general condition marks it out as low useage car. Any likely things I should be looking for?:rolleyes:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
If you around 2 bars now that is not too bad, when slick or the like has been added this increases the oil flow and will show a slightly lower presure, you could try a different oil the next time you do a change, but I think its fine, and lets face it the weather is a little unusual. Your temp is normal.

Malcolm

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom