230TE '88 Temp/Oil press?

budgetbenzer

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just joined.
I've had a 230TE '88 since Jan this year and oil pressure has been ok - usually around 2.5-3 bars even when hot. Recently I changed the oil and added Slick50 (recommended by brother!). Oil pressure now struggles to get up to 2 bars when hot, stationary and in D, was about 2.5 bars when I first got car (always been 3 bars when above 1k revs). Also temp climbs from around 83 where it always stayed once hot, to over 100. I understand that this is all as spec (thermostat opens around 83, fan kicks in around 102). I just wonder why the change? Car has 95k on the clock, but no history, although I recon general condition marks it out as low useage car. Any likely things I should be looking for?:rolleyes:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
If you around 2 bars now that is not too bad, when slick or the like has been added this increases the oil flow and will show a slightly lower presure, you could try a different oil the next time you do a change, but I think its fine, and lets face it the weather is a little unusual. Your temp is normal.

Malcolm

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom