Adaptive highbeam

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.
Hmm I will research that within the industry. We supply all the under wing aviation refuelling equipment to about 60% of the airports in the world and my German colleagues who look after those markets strangely haven’t been panicking yet

The time to panic is when they start filling the tanks of tanks with avgas, it means war is a coming :geek::geek:

SunnyDee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 W204 Petrol Coupé
Thanks, tried this, just switches on high beam.

No no, don't push the indicator stalk forward, you need to push it back... Then you will see an icon of a High Beam with a upper case "A"

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
No no, don't push the indicator stalk forward, you need to push it back... Then you will see an icon of a High Beam with a upper case "A"

No the stalk definitely gets pushed forwards. Back for temporary flash.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Hmm I will research that within the industry. We supply all the under wing aviation refuelling equipment to about 60% of the airports in the world and my German colleagues who look after those markets strangely haven’t been panicking yet

AvTUR is fine. Avgas is the problem. It’s the only leaded fuel currently made and it only applies to light aviation and warbird flights. The problem is, to make a batch of avgas the refinery must close down and run a cleaning cycle on a fractionating tower, then run the production batch through, then run another cleaning cycle again. That massively reduces the efficiency of production of that batch (it becomes 1/3 as efficient as a regular batch) and the fuel is currently being sold at or around normal market rates. In addition there aren’t that many refineries producing leaded fuels nowadays and the market for them is fairly small. So, one can see the problems. Right now I’m hearing that there will be a supply crunch of avgas in the 7-8 year timescale where prices will hit $25-30/ gallon. It’s so much of an issue that some well known light aircraft manufacturers <cofCessnacof> are offering re- engining programs to retrofit gas turbine engines, while others are now offering aero- diesel engines instead. By the way the most advanced aero- diesel is an OM651 derivative ;)

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
No the stalk definitely gets pushed forwards. Back for temporary flash.
For the absence of doubt...this is correct, push the stalk away from you and the “A” appears in the display in white- just tried it in mine and confirmed

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
Why come on the forum to complain about everything? Don’t like it, don’t go on it?
Here’s one for you then. You’re a pilot in light aviation, how long do you reckon avgas will be available for?

at least until after trump stops private sales of the small williams jet while he builds a few 1000 more cruise missiles !!
i do understand that avgas will become scarce mainly cos jetA1 is the commercial fuel and GA low volumes make avgas an expensive product to produce, distribute,store.it is already scarce in some african countries

ThinkPad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E W212; C W204
ILS inc High Beam Assist is truly brilliant (the new version on recent models). All the naysayers are those who have not had it clearly. And yes, switched on by pushing indicator stalk back and leaving it there. You should see a symbol on the dash with an 'A' in a box which indicates auto high beam is active.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ILS inc High Beam Assist is truly brilliant (the new version on recent models). All the naysayers are those who have not had it clearly. And yes, switched on by pushing indicator stalk back and leaving it there. You should see a symbol on the dash with an 'A' in a box which indicates auto high beam is active.
Pushed FORARDS towards the front of the car. Pulled BACK towards the rear of the car gives a temporary flash.

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.
Silly q for the OP. In the headlights unit is there the words 'Intelligent Lighting System' etched in the units somewhere. Might save a lot of heartache and arguing about what way the stalk on the left side of the steering wheel, the upper one with the washer / wiper / indicator operation, not the lower one that does operate the cruise / speed limiter / distance pilot or other options the car may or may not have.

Another thing to check, in the dark sit in the car turn the power on, be it by key or push button, lights on auto and see if the lights do a figure of 8 dance rather than a lift and drop pattern.

ThinkPad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E W212; C W204
OK FORWARD. I was thinking that the front of the stalk faces me, so I push it BACK!!
But yes, forward to the front of the car if you prefer!!!!

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
I love my ILS, it’s fandabbydoobie.

Robin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mine gets a bit confused with the reflection from Road Signs otherwise a great feature !! :)

sonic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI, SLC250d, FJR 1300
Sharp deviation signs on bends make it dip which is a bit of a pain.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sharp deviation signs on bends make it dip which is a bit of a pain.
That’s the reflectivity. It’s a feature not a bug.

Andy.M

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 GLA250 Premium Plus, Night, AMG Exclusive Leather, Driving Assistance Packs COMAND DAB HK Audio
I find the feature not perfect but very worthwhile having.
My biggest issue with it is that I drive down some narrow twisty lanes and you cant go fast enough for the high beam to come on.
I have to switch to manual dipping.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
I'm guessing that the ILS lighting is the lighting that momentarily blinds me as they come around a bend towards me. I manage to dip my main beam just before I go round the corner because I'm intelligent enough to know a car is coming before I see the white of its eyes :rolleyes:

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
I'm guessing that the ILS lighting is the lighting that momentarily blinds me as they come around a bend towards me. I manage to dip my main beam just before I go round the corner because I'm intelligent enough to know a car is coming before I see the white of its eyes :rolleyes:

SPOT on..

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

You do, around 88% of drivers do not.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom