Any F1 fans

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
You work at McLaren ? That would explain many of the educated post's you have made on this forum. Rather a long haul from Cambridgeshire to Woking though ? :rolleyes:

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
You work at McLaren ? That would explain many of the educated post's you have made on this forum. Rather a long haul from Cambridgeshire to Woking though ? :rolleyes:
I did. I was at another OEM before that and I’m heading to another one shortly.

The commute was DREADFUL. I detest Woking and never want to see the sh*thole place again!!

Gkinghorn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Cabriolet - 2011
I did. I was at another OEM before that and I’m heading to another one shortly.

The commute was DREADFUL. I detest Woking and never want to see the sh*thole place again!!

I used to work up in the BAT building there ... yep a shithole..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2013 C350 CDI Pan roof
French F1 done, great experience. But, they need to sort things out. They ran out of bottled water, without providing any other water source. There wasn't really any cover from the elements, this was made worse by lack of water.
The queues for anything were huge. The F1 arranged shuttle service was poor, we were dropped off a fair 30 minutes walk away, on the second day it was 40 minutes late, and going home it took 2 hours to move 1 mile.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Are you sure you’re not talking about Silverstone? ;)

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Are you sure you’re not talking about Silverstone? ;)

Martin Brundle did comment the French could learn a thing or two about how Silverstone has handled traffic in and out now

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
When we went to Spa the organisation was spot on. No queues getting in, plenty of everything, no queues getting out. I seem to recall we were back at the hotel in Liege within an hour of leaving the circuit.

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Martin Brundle did comment the French could learn a thing or two about how Silverstone has handled traffic in and out now
We also had torrential rain to walk back to the busses in, not what you expect when You're paying £130 for a three day return ticket each.

We've read a few comments online about traffic congestion. I should have mentioned this to sean bratches when I bumped into him.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
That was more a case of what not to do ;)

Seriously, the straggling lines of campers wading out their field of poo-mud, the behind the scenes lack of procedure (my brother had to teach them voice procedure for the walker talkies when he started there, what they did came straight from “watching ‘The Bill’”!)... it could only happen here.

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
That was more a case of what not to do ;)

Seriously, the straggling lines of campers wading out their field of poo-mud, the behind the scenes lack of procedure (my brother had to teach them voice procedure for the walker talkies when he started there, what they did came straight from “watching ‘The Bill’”!)... it could only happen here.
:D

MalcQV

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes CLA200
Has anyone been to many F1 races, we're going to the french Grand Prix, but we're not sure if the three days will be too much? Is there enough to fill the days? Might look at going to just qualifying and race.
I went to Monza in 2010. Because we travelled on the Friday we did not go to the circuit that day, however there is plenty to do. Hope you enjoyed it.

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I went to Monza in 2010. Because we travelled on the Friday we did not go to the circuit that day, however there is plenty to do. Hope you enjoyed it.
It was a good experience thanks. But, there were too many issues with a lack of organisation, major lack of cover from the sun and rain. On Friday we had torrential rain with virtually no where to go. Same from the sun. The people in the Paddock Club were ok though.
It also took us 2 hours in the coach to leave the circuit on Sunday. Oh, and there were long queues for food and drink.

Jasandjules

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C300 Estate (s205)
To be fair that has been the case since I went to Silverstone in about 88.....Queues for traffic and food and loos and really you take your own chairs, sunshade etc...

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
To be fair that has been the case since I went to Silverstone in about 88.....Queues for traffic and food and loos and really you take your own chairs, sunshade etc...
It wouldn't have been difficult to setup large marques like they do at UK county fairs! Seeing as we were paying 10x per ticket.

Jasandjules

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C300 Estate (s205)
Very true. And perhaps with Bernie no longer at the purse strings such things may change....

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It wouldn't have been difficult to setup large marques like they do at UK county fairs! Seeing as we were paying 10x per ticket.
Go to the Pepsi 400 and look at the organisation at work. Toilets, food stalls, entertainments aside from the main show, rubbish bins, all in profusion and blaaady SPOTLESS. Silverstone has a LONG way to go.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Go to the Pepsi 400 and look at the organisation at work. Toilets, food stalls, entertainments aside from the main show, rubbish bins, all in profusion and blaaady SPOTLESS. Silverstone has a LONG way to go.

You should go to Silverstone and stay on Woodlands, simply amazing site, everything is spotless, purpose built showers and toilets, we stay there every year

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
You should go to Silverstone and stay on Woodlands, simply amazing site, everything is spotless, purpose built showers and toilets, we stay there every year
We want to camp there next year if possible. Roughly how much are tickets to include camping, don't think we'll be in a stand next time.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom