Any ideas?

Dean Fletcher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E400
My wife's A200 came back from the garage yesterday and still has the same fault. any mercedes boffins on here be able to help.

the the symptoms are - driving round town all is well with the car, soon as you get on the motorway and get the car up to around 3000 revs and about 60mph the car goes into limp mode and engine light appears.

what apparently has been done so far...
boost pressure sensor changed
new turbo
new IAT sensor
new manifold

the only code to flag up on the car is boost pressure to turbo charger 1 is low. the car has been into newcesed Newcastle who apparently scanned the car and was told is was either the turbo or actuator.

we are about to reject the car and get a full refund. the car has the OM651 engine same as my old E250 but I didn't come across this issue when I owed the car, plenty of DPF faults but no boost pressure.

any ideas? wife loves the car and wants to keep it if possible.

the reason I keep saying apparently is I don't trust the garage..

Thanks all

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI, S350 Bluetec
I can’t help on the fault side and to be honest, I would only trust the mechanics/garages one is a happy customer with for a long time.

As you can reject I think it would be easier and look for another. You get your money back and are in the driving seat again. I’d not want the car constantly being repaired and then risk having something else go wrong or surface in due course and before you know it, rejecting is no longer an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SL63 Mark

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R231 SL63 AMG
The A200 is a nice car, so I can see why Mrs. Fletcher wants to keep it. I had one as a loan car recently, and was very impressed.

brandwooddixon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S63 Coupe 2014
In this case reject it, however, for future reference. It has been known for one of the boost pipe seals to be pinched on reinstallation causing a leak on some cars. This could possibly be a factor.

SL63 Mark

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R231 SL63 AMG
I had a A200 as a loaner from MB last year. Its too much car for the car that it is.
Yes me too, mine was a loaner from MB. It looks good has amazing levels of equipment and refinement, drives well, steers well, accelerates well and all from a 1300cc petrol engine, that uses basically zero fuel. It is also quite big and a comfortable 4 seater. What is not to like

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
My wife's A200 came back from the garage yesterday and still has the same fault. any mercedes boffins on here be able to help.

the the symptoms are - driving round town all is well with the car, soon as you get on the motorway and get the car up to around 3000 revs and about 60mph the car goes into limp mode and engine light appears.

what apparently has been done so far...
boost pressure sensor changed
new turbo
new IAT sensor
new manifold

the only code to flag up on the car is boost pressure to turbo charger 1 is low. the car has been into newcesed Newcastle who apparently scanned the car and was told is was either the turbo or actuator.

we are about to reject the car and get a full refund. the car has the OM651 engine same as my old E250 but I didn't come across this issue when I owed the car, plenty of DPF faults but no boost pressure.

any ideas? wife loves the car and wants to keep it if possible.

the reason I keep saying apparently is I don't trust the garage..

Thanks all
Given above. Write to supplier, recorded delivery, give them 2 weeks get a courtesy car, if not resolved, reject car. I bet that turns out to be electrical, electronic prob, do advise. Also on Yr recorded incl details and copies of all done to date. For a legal record. If you have a face to face with supplier always take a friend, witness. Good luck

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
Yes me too, mine was a loaner from MB. It looks good has amazing levels of equipment and refinement, drives well, steers well, accelerates well and all from a 1300cc petrol engine, that uses basically zero fuel. It is also quite big and a comfortable 4 seater. What is not to like
Running costs post warranty........

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
In this case reject it, however, for future reference. It has been known for one of the boost pipe seals to be pinched on reinstallation causing a leak on some cars. This could possibly be a factor.
Shud hear that whistle.

bladecrazy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
tesla model 3 performance /honda cd175/w123 300d gertrude.
Have a look at a VW Taigo R Line. I got one after 7 years with a Mercedes C220d Estate. I can honestly say its a super drive. ultra modern. Just a suggestion
Daughter has just got one for her work car in blue, its nice.

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
That's the issue. They are nice places to be in. It's all the crap in them designed to keep you parting

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
We’ve an B200 which is the 1.6 turbo petrol and it’s been a great car so far, nothing wrong and it’s a surprisingly nice place to be and goes really nicely with the DSG box too.
I’d say it’s just a bad car so you’re doing the right thing Dean and returning for refund

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom