Beccy saying Hi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael G 2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Nowt yet...
Oh for Goodness sake.
Two posters, who I've never seen post here before, decide to come out of the woodwork and dig dirt against our members.
We don't come on to your forum and start digging up dirt WITHOUT any evidence of this stuff happening.
Why don't you either stay own forum and mind your own business like we do.
Or stay and get to know us all.

dieselman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A diesel
Michael. They do both have post counts so must have posted sometimes and they are replying to a post made about their forum.

I do find it incredible that a member was banned for posting an unfortunate picture, surely removal and an advisory PM would have been more appropriate. Maybe the picture was a convenient reason.
Having just read the samples from the Gazzette leaves me thinking it's written in the same fashion as the quarterly Mercedes magazine.

Both of the above make me think my initial impression is fairly accurate. If I was managing that club I would be thinking of Rover car group, who were desperate for a younger clientèle, but couldn't attract them.

The one advantage I see is it being recognised by MB, but that also stops it being at all controversial, so is a double edged sword.

Some guy on the internet

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A few.
Well said. No doubt this will be moderated but I'm going to have my say anyway.

I very very rarely visit this forum. I have a few reasons, but one of the main ones has been addressed above. I'm active on mbclub and the "official club" and am certainly aware of this "stuffed shirt" fallacy.

The forum is not what the official club is all about. I do agree it could be livelier, but, guess what? Members there actually pick up the phone and talk to each other, and they meet up at events and privately. Wow, imagine that!!!

Just as a point of order Malcolm. The members of the official club are actually particularly normal. I have been a member for fifteen years. I don't obsessively polish my cars and have never washed them underneath.

Why is it you just can't let it lie? You've been banned here there and everywhere, I doubt that you will ever realise that it's your over-zealous approach that alienates others.

Grow up.

Genuine questions here, not looking for a row:

What do you find missing from the official club (oc) that you seek out on mbclub?

If, like about 95% of the oc membership, you do not attend the GTGs & shindigs, what advantages does that club have over this forum, mbclub or any other free 'interent only' group?

Michael G 2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Nowt yet...
Michael. They do both have post counts so must have posted sometimes and they are replying to a post made about their forum.

I do find it incredible that a member was banned for posting an unfortunate picture, surely removal and an advisory PM would have been more appropriate. Maybe the picture was a convenient reason.
Having just read the samples from the Gazzette leaves me thinking it's written in the same fashion as the quarterly Mercedes magazine.

Both of the above make me think my initial impression is fairly accurate. If I was managing that club I would be thinking of Rover car group, who were desperate for a younger clientèle, but couldn't attract them.

The one advantage I see is it being recognised by MB, but that also stops it being at all controversial, so is a double edged sword.

Of course they are DM. I'm just saying that that they're saying Malc did XYZ, without providing any evidence to say he did.

Mr Benjamin

Reaction score
Some guy on the internet;624636 mbclub or any other free 'interent only' group?[/QUOTE said:
It is subscription only and is also self modding (no over zealous mods)the fee paying members tend to only reply to threads that they have knowledge about.

(ps i have never seen anyone looking for a secondhand fridge:rolleyes:)

Last edited:

Some guy on the internet

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A few.
It is subscription only and is also self modding (no over zealous mods)the fee paying members tend to only reply to threads that they have knowledge about.

(ps i have never seen anyone looking for a secondhand fridge:rolleyes:)

You must have missed these threads then! :lol::razz:

Topic: Fridge freezers, which is best. - June 2010. 1 page about 12 posts.

Yopic: Bosch Appliances - June 2010. 2 pages, about 50 posts.

So then, no advantages?

I stand ready to be corrected.

Some guy on the internet

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A few.
Oh please! Don't sell it short. The side splitting banter amongst the 8 or 9 people who use that forum regularly is legendary.

Bantering aside here, it does have v. good, long running joke thread.

So then, still no other advantages?

I stand ready to be corrected.

jonnyboy54321

Reaction score
Actually, the grief all started off with the disparaging comments about the official club's forum. Just for clarity.

jonnyboy54321

Reaction score
Oh for Goodness sake.
Two posters, who I've never seen post here before, decide to come out of the woodwork and dig dirt against our members.
We don't come on to your forum and start digging up dirt WITHOUT any evidence of this stuff happening.
Why don't you either stay own forum and mind your own business like we do.
Or stay and get to know us all.

But thats not what happened is it?
The other forum was disparaged here, hence my response, and that from Pontoneer and Retrodave.

Amazingly, it is actually possible to be active on more than one forum, without the need to slag another one off, which if you read my earlier posting, I did not do.

Criticised for not posting here often? Wonder why that is then.....

jonnyboy54321

Reaction score
Genuine questions here, not looking for a row:

What do you find missing from the official club (oc) that you seek out on mbclub?

If, like about 95% of the oc membership, you do not attend the GTGs & shindigs, what advantages does that club have over this forum, mbclub or any other free 'interent only' group?

I happen to like both places. I don't need to be coerced into only being a member of one. I'm not the biggest fan of the whole "them and us" lifestyle, hence I don't normally participate in such shenanigans, but when the posts on this thread were pointed out to me, I responded.

In terms of why people get banned - that really is between them and the organisation. I am not a committee member, so not privy to such discussions, however from what I know about the situation at both places, I am quite at ease about it.

Michael G 2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Nowt yet...
But thats not what happened is it?
The other forum was disparaged here, hence my response, and that from Pontoneer and Retrodave.

Amazingly, it is actually possible to be active on more than one forum, without the need to slag another one off, which if you read my earlier posting, I did not do.

Criticised for not posting here often? Wonder why that is then.....

No, some members all senior were just stating what they thought. In no way was it being disparaged or slagged off.
Yes, I'm well aware, I am too.
You're criticised because you only post when your defending your corner. If you stuck around you may see how nice we are.

jonnyboy54321

Reaction score
He means the Official Mercedes Club forum.

From what I see that club is made up of stuffed shirts who don't have much to say, other than insisting they are better because they are the officially recognised club......Great...!!:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Not disparaging at all.

jonnyboy54321

Reaction score
Can you expand on that as my impression is borne from what I read on general internet forums.

I know they have a 'proper' presence at many car shows, but it all seems a bit high brow and sterile...a bit of a p!ssing contest.
I might have the wrong impression.

Not disparaging in the slightest.

Some guy on the internet

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A few.
Shame about the forum.

Disparaging?

Debatable. It's also unfortunately true.

Only last month the Internet Director of that club posted on that forum, referring to it as "this little sleepy hollow of late ."

Thank you for the answer on why you use other forums apart from the oc. I honestly cannot think of any advantages that club has over any internet forum for the vast majority of members who do not attend their functions.

Can you tell me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom