C63 AMG Night Edition??

OP
T

Timbowoody

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63 AMGS
Night Edition became a standard part of the Premium Plus spec from mid 2020 onwards and the price increased accordingly.
Comparing the Coupe model in June 2019 then September 2020 and the prices were £80,753 and £83,800 respectively.
Here is a quote from the brochure of what the Night Edition adds -
AMG Night package – AMG exhaust system with two black
chrome-plated twin tailpipe trim elements, AMG side sill panel
inserts in high-gloss black, beltline trim strip and window
surround in high-gloss black, exterior mirror housings in highgloss
black, front apron in high-gloss black, privacy glass and
rear apron trim strip in high-gloss black.

The Night Edition suits the car and makes it look more menacing IMO, so I think it all comes down to price and if you like it enough to pay for it - older and cheaper or newer and more expensive, as is the way with most things.

Photo taken from September 2020 price list.
View attachment 81324
How do you find historic new car prices? I’ve looked but cant find them, thank you!

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sold - 2021 CLA 35 Premium.
How do you find historic new car prices? I’ve looked but cant find them, thank you!
I have a collection of price lists from various manufacturers saved over the years.
They can be very useful to refer back to.

OP
T

Timbowoody

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63 AMGS
I have a collection of price lists from various manufacturers saved over the years.
They can be very useful to refer back to.
Ah ok, that makes sense. They seem impossible to find online!! Parkers was my ‘go to’ guide but they dont offer that online anymore which is a shame! Would you have something that shows the full retail price for a C63 AMG S Night Edition registered October 2021 by any chance???

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Would you have something that shows the full retail price for a C63 AMG S Night Edition registered October 2021 by any chance???
I won't be able to double check until tomorrow but I don't think so. I think the newest I have for the C class is from the September 2020 price list, but I will check and let you know if I find anything. :)

OP
T

Timbowoody

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63 AMGS
I won't be able to double check until tomorrow but I don't think so. I think the newest I have for the C class is from the September 2020 price list, but I will check and let you know if I find anything. :)
Thank you, that would be great and very much appreciated! If my research has any value, it looks like a non franchised dealer is looking for a price only £10k less than the original new price for an example that’s was registered in October 2021, which seems overpriced to me!

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thank you, that would be great and very much appreciated! If my research has any value, it looks like a non franchised dealer is looking for a price only £10k less than the original new price for an example that’s was registered in October 2021, which seems overpriced to me!
That seems overpriced to me too, but I have not been following the prices of these cars.

I had a look but it is as I thought and the newest price list I have for the C class coupe is September 2020, when the C 63 S Night Edition Premium Plus cost £83,800.
As an interesting comparison I have a December 2021 E class coupe price list, and an E53 4matic+ Night Edition Premium Plus cost quite a bit less at £71,440.

OP
T

Timbowoody

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63 AMGS
That seems overpriced to me too, but I have not been following the prices of these cars.

I had a look but it is as I thought and the newest price list I have for the C class coupe is September 2020, when the C 63 S Night Edition Premium Plus cost £83,800.
As an interesting comparison I have a December 2021 E class coupe price list, and an E53 4matic+ Night Edition Premium Plus cost quite a bit less at £71,440.
Thank you for looking, I really appreciate it. I have been following cars/prices for decades and the current climate seems to be totally all over the place and I’ve no idea why. I appreciate there’s the issues with the chips, Brexit and the Ukraine, but it all just seems to have gone out of all proportion!

GAD Tuning LTD

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.gadtuning.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Mercedes AMG GTS - GLS350d
The OPF situation isn't great we have a 69 plate one in currently having a change of exhaust to free up those lovely AMG sounds again. 2019 onwards all came with OPF so if its facelift with 9 speed box and new interior it will be equipped with the particulate filters.

Many thanks

OP
T

Timbowoody

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63 AMGS
The OPF situation isn't great we have a 69 plate one in currently having a change of exhaust to free up those lovely AMG sounds again. 2019 onwards all came with OPF so if its facelift with 9 speed box and new interior it will be equipped with the particulate filters.

Many thanks
Thank you, that’s really helpful

cheshireE220

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 CDI / 2003 / 2.2 turbo diesel
what you need to look for is the panel where your hand rests with all the buttons for drive mode etc
if you want your car to sound good (and you do) then make sure it's got THIS button highlighted with the green arrow, it's sometimes paired with an explanation of 'sports exhaust' but in reality it controls a valve to let the sound and air out and allow the v8 to breath and sound like a real v8

View attachment 81330

if it doesn't you might be disappointed with your v8.

cheers
niall
I too want a C63 AMG premium/premium plus. But my budget up to £40k through MB Approved Used seems to only get me into 7G box cars arlund 2016 - 2018.

Was performance exhaust standard on these 7G box cars or was it extra?

I too find these cars are over-priced - by around £5k. My MB dealer thinks by late summer 2023, the heat will have cooled down on prices. But probably not enough to get me into a 9G box. But is the 9G box that much better tban 7G that I'd miss out?

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
I too want a C63 AMG premium/premium plus. But my budget up to £40k through MB Approved Used seems to only get me into 7G box cars arlund 2016 - 2018.

I too find these cars are over-priced - by around £5k. My MB dealer thinks by late summer 2023, the heat will have cooled down on prices. But probably not enough to get me into a 9G box. But is the 9G box that much better tban 7G that I'd miss out?
The 9G is superb, completely seamless. Not that the 7G is bad, the 9g is just a big improvement over the 7G :)

cheshireE220

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 CDI / 2003 / 2.2 turbo diesel
The 9G is superb, completely seamless. Not that the 7G is bad, the 9g is just a big improvement over the 7G :)
The 9g has a wet clutch instead of torque converter. Is it same for 7g or is that slushy torque converter? Any idea about performance exhaust in my post?

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
The 9g has a wet clutch instead of torque converter. Is it same for 7g or is that slushy torque converter? Any idea about performance exhaust in my post?
I’ve sort run out of knowledge on that level. Suffice to say I have had 5G, 7G and 9G and the 9 stands head and shoulders above the others :)

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
I’ve sort run out of knowledge on that level. Suffice to say I have had 5G, 7G and 9G and the 9 stands head and shoulders above the others :)

And now DSG

GAD Tuning LTD

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.gadtuning.co.uk
Your Mercedes
In AMGs the 9 speed is like a single wet clutch that engages and then uses the Multi clutches to shift between gears i believe, great system seems to be able to deal with high amounts of power and torque

DSG/PDK/DCT are actual twin clutched manual systems

Many thanks

ThinkPad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E W212; C W204

Went through similar recently and my objective was to buy approved used too.
In recent months I drove several models, I would encourage you to stick to going for facelift. It is a huge improvement. The sound is a little different, but not lacking in any way. The sports exhaust is also standard on the facelift model, which is not the case with pre-facelift.
The gearbox in day to day life, not sure you will notice too much difference, the older 7 speed is still great, but I would defer to knowledge from GAD's post as they are more expert in this than most, given what they do to these cars! The 9 speed may be more economical?

The facelift adds some other nice touches, including the new grille, car play and newer front screen and digital dash and some other small tweaks.

Is it a coupe, saloon or estate you are after?

GAD Tuning LTD

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.gadtuning.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Went through similar recently and my objective was to buy approved used too.
In recent months I drove several models, I would encourage you to stick to going for facelift. It is a huge improvement. The sound is a little different, but not lacking in any way. The sports exhaust is also standard on the facelift model, which is not the case with pre-facelift.
The gearbox in day to day life, not sure you will notice too much difference, the older 7 speed is still great, but I would defer to knowledge from GAD's post as they are more expert in this than most, given what they do to these cars! The 9 speed may be more economical?

The facelift adds some other nice touches, including the new grille, car play and newer front screen and digital dash and some other small tweaks.

Is it a coupe, saloon or estate you are after?
I think you are right alot of reasoning behind having more and more gear ratios is because emissions i would imagine

Many thanks

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom