Can I make my Supercharger Whine.

maddog

Reaction score
Fit a big enough blower and it will whine nicely

index.jpg

Aussie Nick

Reaction score
Maddog I think that motor will bark rather than whine.
Matt might find my suggestion more economical and more in keeping with his original objective. Afterall you machine looks like it might produce some undesirable results for him. I dont recall him saying he was preparing his car for a launch to Mars:rolleyes:

chanmus

New Registration
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I remember reading on a US forum somewhere that removal of the S/C mufflers will let out the sound of the blower? I do not know how difficult it is, or whether indeed it should be done - is just what I read... This maybe producing the sound heard on You-Tube clips..

Quickbrit

Reaction score
Website
www.2wf.com
Your Mercedes
2010 E Class 250 CDI Cab
Matt, I have a spare supercharger whine for sale, I also have a powerband for the 230 Komp (if you are interested).

MikeE

Just a thought I have seen and heard many cars with superchargers whine, is there anyway of getting my supercharger to whine, I thought maybe an Induction kit or maybe drilling the air box?

Please let me know if I am barking up the wrong tree.

I own a C230 Kompressor,

Many thanks.

Matt.

popuptoaster

Reaction score
I dont know what type of chargers the Mercs have, but its the big old style roots blowers that make all the noise, the small chargers you get on road cars make much less noise than the aftermarket ones you see sticking out of the bonnet of a hot rod, plus manufacturers spend a LOT of money on making the charger quiet and the exhaust to kill the sound.

A noisy charger would make the car fail the noise regs, even air/oil cooled bikes have become very rare now because without the water jacket the engine is to loud, so i doubt you'll ever get the same sound as a big V8 running a huge overdriven supercharger, besides, whats the point of the noise if you dont have the muscle to back it up?

you wouldn't want to be cruising along feeling like a big man in your c180 kompressor with its supercharger whining away and come across some Andy making the REAL noise. :D

http://video.google.co.uk/videosear...sa=X&oi=video_result_group&resnum=4&ct=title#

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E300TD/1998/3.0 Diesel
Hi Matt

My supercharger will produce a distinctive note for, perhaps, 20 to 30 seconds after the engine starts but is otherwise very quiet unless pressing on. REGARDS

Phil

Hi Phil

My C230K made that same noise when she started but i used to think it was the Kompressor too but he Kompessor doesnt kick in until you blip the throttle. When you blip the throttle you should hear a click of the electromagnetic clutch kicking in. At idle the Kompressor is stationary AFAIK. Dont ask me what that whine is though, could it be the belts ?? they all do it, or at least any i have heard do.

darrenb1707

Reaction score
Just a thought I have seen and heard many cars with superchargers whine, is there anyway of getting my supercharger to whine, I thought maybe an Induction kit or maybe drilling the air box?

Please let me know if I am barking up the wrong tree.

I own a C230 Kompressor,

Many thanks.

Matt.

Despite all the witty answers on this thread...hopefully this will help. I fitted a induction kit to my CLK 230K and when you give it the beans it will most definitely whine! I think that might be what you're looking for! :D

Mackers_87

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
02 C200k Coupe SE Tip-Auto
the only way i can see of making it whine or whistle is ragging the bolloks off it all the time, or fitting smaller pulleys to make the charger work harder but that will affect longetivity and mess up the performance i.e fuel to air mixture.

like someone else said it is easier to get a different car, and apply aftermarket parts which are the most likely to whine and whistle.

and if your after a dump valve hiss at the end you cant get it. dump valves only work on turbos as far as im aware because they release the pressurised exhaust gasses, and therefore help maintain longetivity of the turbo.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom