Can't help but be impressed

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
I was once left for dead in my Omega by a 4ltr Jeep which wasn't too pleasing !! :(

You'd have been able to take him on a motorway though ..... he'd have run out of steam (or petrol :D) above about 130mph .... the Omega would've still been good for another 20mph

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Funny... mine had "Recaro" seats that VM were fitting as standard by then. I could drive from London to Manchester without stopping (can't do that without spending a penny these days!) and my back didn't hurt at all. The previous car I inherited - a 2-Litre Cavalier went like s*** off a shovel but backache was a major issue.

I think my seats were Recaro's as well. It was a 1993 K reg model.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
I think my seats were Recaro's as well. It was a 1993 K reg model.
Mine was a 'C' reg - 1985 I think. I do remember that the seats "hugged" you... SWMBO hated them but as I said, I never got backache. It certainly did go... one of my colleagues got stopped by an unmarked silver Porsche on M25 - they said they'd clocked him at 125, lectured him and to his surprise they let him go. I wasn't such a bad boy (and I'd seen too many colleagues banned for speeding tickets) but I did like the lower end acceleration and if Jack the Lad revved up at the traffic lights I could very easily leave him behind. Funny though, once you know you can do it, you soon stop bothering about it!

BeeJay

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 350 (2008) and Lexus LS 430 (2003)
I used to collect EmilysMum's aunty from Edinburgh ..... set off at 7, get there for 11, have a bit of dinner (lunch for you southerners ;)) & then set off for home again. That was in my Omega V6 ..... more comfy than my R Class

'Dinner' is defined as your main meal of the day, irrespective of what time you eat it. So whether you live north or south of the Watford Gap you can refer to any meal (1pm or 8pm) as your 'dinner'.

umblecumbuz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 and CLC 204 cdi, MX5, Kia Soul
Love this thread - it's covered everything from fuel consumption, osteopaths, comparative acceleration, seating, French touring, food, police kindness, old cars, 4x4's, correct language usage, and age concern!

What was it originally about?

Last edited:

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom