Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDI Estate/R171 200 SLK/Lotus Exige V6/Lotus Evora GT410 Sport
You know it makes sense!

Ductman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDI Estate/R171 200 SLK/Lotus Exige V6/Lotus Evora GT410 Sport
I've had contact with GAD this morning and I am sooooooo close to having the remap and DPF/EGR removal carried out sooner rather than later. Doesn't sound like there are any downsides - apart from convincing the wife I really need to spend yet more money on one of my cars! ;)

OP
S

Scoob

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 C350 CDI Sport Estate
I've had contact with GAD this morning and I am sooooooo close to having the remap and DPF/EGR removal carried out sooner rather than later. Doesn't sound like there are any downsides - apart from convincing the wife I really need to spend yet more money on one of my cars! ;)

Heh, I'm just itching to get the right car. I have the chance to look at a black one - should be tomorrow - all the spec is spot on, but not sure about black as my colour choice. Sorta want to go the darker greys/Silver (Palladium) still. We shall see.

Scoob.

OP
S

Scoob

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Silver really suits them, particularly estates ;)

Agreed. Isn't the lighter silver also the German racing colour? Sort of appropriate :)

I do prefer the slightly darker grey-silver personally, thought I'd certainly consider a lighter silver - really depends how it looks in the flesh, so to speak, as most photos squew the colours. My Steel Blue Metallic (Grey) Impreza comes out a bright blue on many cameras, yet it's only lightly blue flecked.

Scoob.

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Actually white is Germany's official race colour. Silver came about as MB had to strip the paint from their Silver Arrow race cars to reduce weight or meet weight limits..

OP
S

Scoob

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Actually white is Germany's official race colour. Silver came about as MB had to strip the paint from their Silver Arrow race cars to reduce weight or meet weight limits..

I thought white was once, but the re-shuffles of years (and years) ago, saw Japan adopt White, Germany Silver, Uk BRG, France Blue etc. I think a few extra shades (differents blues and the like) are thrown in the mix too. I think the colour of the numbers is my country too, though not 100% on that.

Edit: Thought I'd better check before posting: WikiLink

Scoob.

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
Only had one silver car in my life and I didn't even choose it, do kind of like the really dark greys though they look ok but but my green black that normally looks blue is just different :D

S.Speed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Older Citroen Now :-(
People think I am joking when I say I looked far and wide for a merc that WASN'T silver..
I wasn't joking at all..
I live in the North West and I travelled to the North east for my previous car (Jasper Blue C270 Cdi)..
There are dozens of 211's for sale but I spotted the iridium one I have now and travelled 77 miles for it..
Its a colour that looks very different in sunlight / dull day light ..
I am really pleased with the colour..

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 22

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
Have to admit Simon both myself and the wife love that colour, it's very different but like you say changes in the light, great choice.

S.Speed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Just compare ..
Same car on different days..

1st photo almost brown tint..
2nd more gun metal..

One think I like is that for once the touch up paint seems to match very accurately indeed.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 21
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
1-stephen-taylor.artistwebsites.com
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
We're all different, I'd actively choose silver. IMHO they just look so right, so many other people do to and I'm not interested in driving something that's putrescent looking just to be different when I can have a nice silver car

S.Speed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
We're all different, I'd actively choose silver. IMHO they just look so right, so many other people do to and I'm not interested in driving something that's putrescent looking just to be different when I can have a nice silver car

My you are soooo sad..
"Soo Sad Steve"

We all have out own "Taste"

roop_the_loop

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 CDI BlueEff SE, 7G auto, estate (S212), 2012
I wonder if my more local dealers could arrange to snag the car for me - I assume most Merc dealers are linked, like with other manufacturers? I had one dealer once snag a car from Liverpool for me...
Scoob.

If it's MB Retail, then they can certainly sell stock allocated to other outlets. In fact, the way it was explained to me recently when I bought mine off MB Retail in Hemel, the stock gets allocated to the various outlets pretty much at random, and all the outlets have access to all the stock. In fact, the one I ended up buying was notionally showing as being somewhere near Birmingham, but they had it down in Hemel within a day or two for me to view.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom