crappy Artico

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
07 R Class now with 80something thousand miles on the clock. A few years back my seat started to crack on the side cushion of my seat, one crack lead to another & another. So last week I decided to bite the bullet & get something done with it. I just picked someone from the Interweb.
Yesterday afternoon they collected my seat and returned & re-fitted it at dinner time (that's a Northern dinner time ... not a Suvvern one ;)) .... needless to say that despite touching nothing ignition wise the airbag needed resetting :confused:

Before .....

After ....

If you were super critical, there's a very very slight difference in colour, and it's more matt than the original, but I'm just putting that down to being newer. All for £95 which I'm very pleased with. :D :D

ampwhu

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 W203 C200CDI Avantgarde se
dinner time? oh yes, the time you have something to eat when you get home from work in the early evening.

tea is a hot drink. so teatime would be when you wake up in the morning and put the kettle on.

Google is here to help you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea

so northerners, its about time you started to understand that its breakfast, lunch then dinner.

its bacon rolls, sandwiches and wraps as well.

gizze

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
5 Series Touring + 911 Carrera 4
What break did you have at school so you could eat?

OP
EmilysDad

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350

so northerners, its about time you started to understand that its breakfast, lunch then dinner.

Breakfast dinner & then tea ..... and if you're hungry before bed, you can have supper :D

....its bacon rolls, sandwiches and wraps as well.
Are they like butties?

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
We had dinner ladies at school. (At dinner time :D)

Glad you got the seat sorted, I think it will blend in after a few hundred slides across it getting in and out. Who did it by the way? Could do with someone local.

ampwhu

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Breakfast dinner & then tea ..... and if you're hungry before bed, you can have supper :D

Are they like butties?

re-read above. its quite clear to those down south that the north need more education and some serious catching up to do.

lets face facts, they have wigan pier which isn't even on the coast.

we've kept the north alive for 100's of years by giving them jobs, opportunities and a chance to look up to us as leaders. people they aspire to.:)

OP
EmilysDad

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
We had dinner ladies at school. (At dinner time :D)

Glad you got the seat sorted, I think it will blend in after a few hundred slides across it getting in and out. Who did it by the way? Could do with someone local.

I'm sure it'll blend in given time. It was these http://walkdencarcare.co.uk/ as said, they came & removed the seat about 2 o'clock yesterday & returned today at 12 o'clock to refit. :D

OP
EmilysDad

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
re-read above. its quite clear to those down south that the north need more education and some serious catching up to do.

lets face facts, they have wigan pier which isn't even on the coast.

we've kept the north alive for 100's of years by giving them jobs, opportunities and a chance to look up to us as leaders. people they aspire to.:)

You don't even have proper chippies ;) :)

gizze

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
lunchtime. we had break supervisors. lunch break supervisors.

But not everyone was in borstal. ;)

I am not from 'Up North but I had dinner time and dinner ladies at school.

I do however call it lunch, dinner is usually proper meal, tea is something I eat early around 6pm with the kids.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
No such thing as school dinners for me, we walked home almost a mile and back again all on our own, At 11 years old we cycled 1½ miles each way.

Pleased your seat is all good, they have done a nice job there.

ampwhu

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Don't get him started on the beer...

john smiths at 3.6%
tetleys at 3.6%
boddingtons at 3.6%

you should be ashamed with yourselves.

what makes it worse, is you 'oop norf' drink this c*** out of cans when you go abroad!

gizze

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Beer?

Jesus wept, do common folk still drink beer?

oigle

Reaction score
Website
members.optusnet.com.au
Your Mercedes
2003 ML270 sold but not forgotten. 2022 Kia EV6 RWD LR
Talk about a thread getting hijacked...:p Didn't get one relevant answer.... Just to get back on track, I had exactly the same scenario on my 2003 ML, except mine got a lot worse before I got it fixed. Similar result. Cost AUS$100 but worth it. Seems the sliding in and out wrecks the fabric on the outer edge.
Ian.

Painter16

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sl350 2007
School dinners what was them for the posh kids ,used to shrimp paste sarnies for me dinner,and no days off because the boiler don't work just put ya duffle coat on in class and get on with it ,and if ya moan about it get a clip round ya ear hole ,
Oh and yes ya seats look great

OP
EmilysDad

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
School dinners what was them for the posh kids ,used to shrimp paste sarnies for me dinner,and no days off because the boiler don't work just put ya duffle coat on in class and get on with it ,and if ya moan about it get a clip round ya ear hole ,

You had a duffle coat? ...... Luxury! ;)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded

A duffle coat was the first coat I wanted at 14,,, with all my paper rounds I soon got one and loved it.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom