Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C300h 2015 Diesel Hybrid
But they do a pretty small one
View attachment 40813
I tried your link but it takes me to what appears to be a different bigger camera that looks like this.

joovuu-x.jpg

Ken_R

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 2006 C230 Estate
Dissapointed I cant use the Parking mode on the Blackvue 540 or 750S.
I just dont do enough mileage to a) avoid draining the cars battery, or b) recharge their battery pack.

Sadly their cameras are running all the time in Parking mode.

I basically need a dashcam with tha large internal battery, and a Parking mode that is triggered on by a shock sensor.
Or do without Parking protection.

I've been 'playing again'.:) The K1S has a Parking Mode whereby they say that it will continue to record from its own battery for 30 minutes. If only I could get the missus to complete the weekly shopping in that space of time.:(

However, perhaps you, like me, don't do enough mileage to keep the internal Ni-Cad battery 'topped up'. I've just unplugged the K1S storage module and connected it to a USB lead to charge overnight. Just need to put it back in the car in the morning and connect the four plugs. Hopefully, in the correct order.:rolleyes:

I've lost the link to it now but I have seen what may best be described as 'battery extenders'. Essentially, a Ni-Cad battery, charged from the vehicle, but which also provides power to ancillary devices, whilst still providing a 'through' voltage in the interim. Such could probably extend the Parking Mode period to 60 minutes, or more.;) Although, if she's going 'clothes shopping', I'm buggered.:rolleyes:

Again, such would require a decent mileage each day or 'rejuvenating' overnight on a USB feed.

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
I tried your link but it takes me to what appears to be a different bigger camera that looks like this.

joovuu-x.jpg
Think u hit the link above mine.
Looked at the joovuu x .... lots and lots of awful refs ...
As as suspected, no telephone number ( a guaranteed giveaway of a crap company) :(:( ,
Plus a few external refs accusing the company of blackmailing new users to change negative reviews, and once they do, all support stops!,
Defo not for me!

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
Just bid on one of those Black Friday ebay auctions, listed by the main uk distributor.
And I won the bid at £79! for the £149 Vicovation MF3. 1440p , the later version following the OPIA2.
Its bit rate is circa 1.65x greater than the Opia2,so maybe enough data to enhance a dogy number plate?

Don't think I like the look of the clunky, placky bracket, but hopefully its fully hidden by the rear view mirror. Or looks better in real life.

4CC1A6D0-BC6B-43E3-B0D2-73000D9A97BD.jpeg

The view I will see
7C6F8282-9B09-478A-AEA0-CA7BCDE4EA3F.jpeg
So fairly innocuous, and 3 reviewers say it great quality solid aluminium casing??

A bit retro Leica, so should suit my oldish MB. And at £79, who cares.

I think he was shocked no one else bid, and he put the price back up to £149 within 2 mins of the auction ending.

Aint brilliant! But one of the best video images with a 4 Mps sensor.

Decided to go for one with a screen, cant be arsed to take the card out and download it to see if its recording nicely, or do all that hot spot logging in palava!

TBH after reviewing oodles of clips of various dashcams, I think they are all crap.

Dropped the Go Pro idea, add all the bits you need to install it ... and you are at £350, and hey its not even a proper dashcam :-/

I aborted on the Blackvue .. as the 590 wont come till Feb/March, and the £250 DR750S would justify instalation, leading to a furhter £169 for the power pack ... too much unless I get a CL63. Lol

No idea what card to buy
Thought I might try the 64GB Sandisk Extreme Plus V30, U3 , Class 10 , A1. Reads at 95 mbs writes at 95 mbs. Says its good for 4K and this is 2.5K ???
Has a 10 year warranty .. sold by Amazon £35.49
Any good?
No mfgs state if their cards are MLC so its all a guess.
The MF3 manaual says I should get 314 mins at 1440p , so circa 5.2 hrs.
So it might over-write every 2 weeks.
I did see a good Samsung for £23 but it wasnt A1 or V30 and write speed was 60mbs.
Not worth the risk for £12 if its slows up the recording at 1440p.

Sadly cant use all my spare photography cards as they are CF or full SDs.

I didnt buy the GPS dongle for £30??
Probably not a good idea with a 5.5L V8.
I dont think we can plead the 5th Ammendment in this country.

Purely Out of interest, could a Policeman demand you hand over the SD card?
Or could one say go away and get a search warrant?

Got to see the funny side ... it could be like shooting yourself with a radar gun, and handing in the evidence LOL

Attachments

• FD83C019-2281-4DE4-BD43-AA87E6DB63A3.jpeg
    FD83C019-2281-4DE4-BD43-AA87E6DB63A3.jpeg
    22.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 52C5467A-BA39-45BE-894D-C821E9A59A1F.jpeg
    52C5467A-BA39-45BE-894D-C821E9A59A1F.jpeg
    13.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom