Dealer swaps my wheels or something

dieselman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A diesel
The sandwiches were fab!!!
That reminds me of a day a few years ago where I went to see a long term friend and look at their newly acquired property, with the intention doing some work.

We had a quick look around, did a bit of a job on the central heating then spent he rest of the day lounging on his boat drinking beer in the sun. His Gf made us a lovely lunch and other stuff..

All in a good day...:D

OP
st4

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
1-stephen-taylor.artistwebsites.com
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
  • Banned
That's because I never made them :lol:

Coffee was good, and we got to the bottom of my car and now I want an S class.

That reminds me of a day a few years ago where I went to see a long term friend and look at their newly acquired property, with the intention doing some work.

We had a quick look around, did a bit of a job on the central heating then spent he rest of the day lounging on his boat drinking beer in the sun. His Gf made us a lovely lunch and other stuff..

All in a good day...:D

The sandwiches were good, Ham AND CHEESE and GOOD BREAD. 3 cups of coffee and the run on TOFFEE Digestives makes for a good day in st4 land. Just remember the day of the barn show with the classic bar, I set up "camp" by the BBQ and beached myself with all my lovely food.

I have seen your feet Steve - this is no idle threat! :rolleyes:

Now lizzy, calm yourself!! :Oops:

She cannot, I have a unique "spring in my step" for the full monty....

47p2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W638, W140, W220, W639 All gone but not forgotten
I just remembered the square sliced in the fridge Steve.....Guess what I'm going to have very soon?

OP
st4

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
  • Banned
My God...Sherlock Holmes or what?
I have to say I am impressed with this piece of evidence!

Its also inconclusive as the car was in MB Glasgow before that as well for work.

After discussion with John (and others) and the wheel centre issue it might have happened.

Please read my post from the other side

Having spoken with someone who used to work in a dealership, at a high level, I've been advised whilst possible I will have a job on my hands to prove it.

I am not covering up anything, I will mention the wheel and have them check date stamps to confirm/dispel my theory. I am adamant I had two matching tyres post puncture on that axle, and have been trawling through my pics of the car to try and see if I can prove this one way or another.

Its been in MB Glasgow before the pic where people say that shows an Eagle F1, and was given back with a wheel (either mine or someone elses) minus a wheel centre, whether this was a swap or just my wheel minus a centre I do not know by my gut/memory goes with 2x same tyres on that axle as I paid for: Furthermore I have a receipt for a new good year efficient grip tyre which was fitted to passanger front side of the car. Sadly the bill just says which tyre, and not the side it was fitted to, so MB Glasgow could easily say, that could be fitted to drivers side, and its a case of my word vs. them.

Proving this is nigh on impossible and as its me saying "you've done this" the onus is really on me to prove it, and I cannot. Sadly the days have gone when someones word was enough, and this is the world we live in and I will have to deal with this.

I need to query the mismatching report and mileage thing, but I have paid for a ball joint, and that IS what is there, so I am wrong in saying they have ripped me off, what is there is what was paid for. I do not want to take something needlessly for nothing, I will not be a freeloader.

I will not take my car their again, until I hear of reports of better service (a few in the know have said its gone downhill) so I will not take anything from them to make me go back, as its not my intention now to do so, otherwise to sort out the issues I have. I am not a liar, and will not deceive them into giving me something, unless proven they are wrong, on the basis from more business from me. The failure to fix my gbox fault, confusing me with someone else and them calling the wrong customer IMHO is enough cause for me not to go back.

Back to the ball joint: the onus on whether MY car needed this part is again on me, and minus the old part I am probably not with a good case, although the mileage and treads reported on that report to not tally really to my car, but I can discuss this with them tomorrow. Whether there is a typo on that report, and whether I can prove they looked at the wrong car, again lies with me.

PS, all around the new ball joint is all scuffed and scrapped. The otherside where there is another newish ball joint is ok. They've made a mess of my car there. I'll raise that. And yes, the scuffs are fresh can be proven.

Developer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212 E63 S 5.5 biturbo
Coffee was good, and we got to the bottom of my car and now I want an S class.

Aaaaaaaaargh, you'd put us all in an early grave Steve - think of all that technology to get concerned over :)

OP
st4

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
  • Banned
Aaaaaaaaargh, you'd put us all in an early grave Steve - think of all that technology to get concerned over :)

Just think of all the things to give MB Glasgow to do and I could pay for diagnostic work and get no fix like my car just now.

I could be bankrupted by it but the lovely pendragon people could take early retirement with their fat pensions I would be financing.

OP
st4

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
  • Banned
You will never get the service refund or the replacement tyres. If you ask for this, their co-opertion will drop to zero.

You could look at it another way, you got rid of the fastest to go bald tyre ever manufactured (goodyear F1) and got a longer life tyre instead ! not sure about the wheel though. It's like wearing another mans shoes. I could not cope with that.

As said earlier, take a witness with you, preferably 2.

Other way around :(

Other points duly noted

Pontoneer

Banned
Reaction score
Could the F1 have come from the back axle ; or could it have been the spare ?

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
Could the F1 have come from the back axle ; or could it have been the spare ?

I am sure the front and rear tyres on his car are different dimensions Derek, so would not be interchangeable - but there is no accounting for the competence of some!! :shock:

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
Alex, you really wouldn't want to feed him for a day let alone a week :shock:

only met him once and that was a pleasure and watching him consume several beefburgers, two steaks and a raft of other stuff was amazing indeed he was beating the BBQ capacity to cook the stuff, I reckon he has hollow legs so I would be reluctant to feed him at all.;)

Pontoneer

Banned
Reaction score
I am sure the front and rear tyres on his car are different dimensions Derek, so would not be interchangeable - but there is no accounting for the competence of some!! :shock:

On those cars , do you carry a spare for the front , one for the rear , one of each size - or do you just abandon the car and walk when you have a puncture ?

I remember a similar quandry when first faced with directional tyres - which way round does the spare go ?

S.Speed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Older Citroen Now :-(
I think the smaller (Front) is carried as a spare (It was on My BMW 330D anyway).
The rolling radius is the same so you could actually put the spare full sized front on the rear...
If you think about it its no worse than a crappy space saver !!

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Normally a space saver wheel, neither front or rear spec, steel with very skinny tyre.

No update from Steve? Weren't you at the dealer today??

Developer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212 E63 S 5.5 biturbo
Normally a space saver wheel, neither front or rear spec, steel with very skinny tyre.

No update from Steve? Weren't you at the dealer today??

Yes, don't keep us in suspenders!

OP
st4

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
  • Banned
Sorry folks, dont finish work till 8pm so not in to the back of 9.

I've been in, there are certain things they'll be doing to bring the car back to the way it was before it was in.

However, its not done yet, and its not over until the fat lady sings, but the visit with the manager was a much more satisfactory experience than the other issues I have had so far.

On the back of that, at last, I am getting somewhere.

All I want is my car to be fixed (yes our friend the jolt when cold is back) and they'll be looking into doing some work on that front, and the tyre, well, I'll post up when all said and done.

Pontoneer: the car has a space saver, it barely clears the callipers. The front and rear tyres are of different sizes. They haven't swapped a front for a rear. 245 sections are on the front, just not matching. That potentially is set to change.

47p2: Was Mrs 47p2 on the M8 about 8:10 tonight headed westbound, I am sure I recognised her in her wheels. The car came off at the "77"

Dosco: Wait until the Xmas meet, hopefully Turkey at the holt, and turkey is the grand finale of all roasts, the cup final. I'll see a roast turkey away in style.

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Lets hope Mrs 47p2 hasnt given other co-ordinates...

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Sorry Steve that I have not joined you thread, my time is very limited, and I hope that it ends up well;):D

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom