Esp/bas

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Another thought - it appears any play in the column can upset these on an A class. Check for axial and lateral movement of the column.

OP
B

Boatlon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A140 2004
OK , Yes on the same page re- clock spring , will have to dismantle the column a bit more, was wandering whether the sensor was reliant on the abs and horn boss back on , so will fit this tonight as one of them could be an earth

OP
B

Boatlon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A140 2004
OK , Yes on the same page re- clock spring , will have to dismantle the column a bit more, was wandering whether the sensor was reliant on the abs and horn boss back on , so will fit this tonight as one of them could be an earth

Ok no change in fitting steering boss , so will have check Column for wiring fault.

OP
B

Boatlon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A140 2004
wiring traced to esp module , will have to test continuity for four wires, tomorrow evening.

OP
B

Boatlon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A140 2004
Ordered ESP MODULE
wiring traced to esp module , will have to test continuity for four wires, tomorrow evening.
Ordered ESP /ECU

OP
B

Boatlon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A140 2004
Ordered ESP MODULE

Ordered ESP /ECU
S/h Ecu fitted and icarsoft will not communicate , now thhe model of Diagnostic is i980.

My question is do I have to get this module accepted or registered into the car , its exactly the same module numbers , but it will not communicate . Can anyone help do I need another diagnostic perhaps (this question is too easy to answer ) , but has anyone know any more please.

OP
B

Boatlon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A140 2004
A S/h Ecu now fitted and icarsoft will not communicate , now the model of Diagnostic is i980.

My question is do I have to get this module accepted or registered into the car , its exactly the same module numbers , but it will not communicate . Can anyone help do I need another diagnostic perhaps (this question is too easy to answer ) , but has anyone know any more please.

UPDATE! Now it communicates, with having narrowed this down to more or less a single fault , is the answer to go for a drive, (currently not able as not taxed but still has MOT), there are a lot of suggestions on this fault code C1140 Steering angle sensor , that by driving it for 5-10 mls. will re calibrate the sensor as long as everything else is set up properly. Alternatively do I need a diagnostic capable of calibrating the sensor if it needs this.
All HELP APPRECIATED !

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom