Excessive wear outstanding edges

HaydnM

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes ML350 / W164
Hi

I have a 2017 c250d coupé with 19” wheels.

The front are getting low and I have noticed are worn excessively on the outer the edges - passenger one worse.

They only have 12k on so is this premature and is there anything I need to get looked at? Surely they should last longer than 12k aswell?

Not the cheapest tyres in the world either so want to make sure I dont put new ones on and get the same.

Cheers
Check out a c63 amg, these May run camber bolts, as the E63 amg does

You will be able to set this up properly & stop this wear on outside edges

Mr Filipov

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 BMW 535d Gran Turismo
£220 each is cheapest I can find fitted. Camskill doing them at £175.10 each but then I got to find somewhere to fit and balance and I’m pretty sure a normal tyre place ain’t going to want me supplying my own tyres.

If you want longevity and can bear with slightly harsher ride, go for Bridgestones. They do last a bit longer. When I had an E350 CDI, which was driven accordingly, they lasted a long time. When I picked up the car there was 7mil left. Managed to do another 16k miles on the rears before changing them, and the fronts kept on going.

OP
Wabby

Wabby

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MY17 C250d Coupè
Company that changed my tyres gave me a report showing the worse front tyre as being (2mm, 2mm, 1.6mm) so not as bad on the scrub as I thought.

I think that means that this is normal and I should not worry?

Top Bottom