First time MB owner saying hi!

ThinkPad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E W212; C W204
Must say what a credit to the dealer you bought from. Sorry to hear you had to return the car, but exemplary service which must be commended. Do you mind naming the dealer?

Frosty149

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W207 2014 E350 coupe Bluetec D
Good price...
Big Motoring World is just off the M20 and only a few miles from the M2 you'll pass less than 10minutes diversion via Canterbury!
Cargiant is a pig to get to imo!
That said good selection and keen price...

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
I prefer the 1st (blue) car and the interior is good imho.
I'm with Frosty and like the blue one and the interior (and it is a facelift one). If you liked the 250, you would love a 350!

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
The silver one, has COMAND and a sensible colour interior + low miles, you also have the comfort that buying from Mercland provides their cars are well vetted

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Don't worry too much about the 250 over the 220; the 250 is definitely a bit more rapid, but the 220 CDi engine has plenty of pulling power (440Nm) for the size of the car.

OP
C

cubbyq

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2013 E220 CDI SE Estate
I prefer the 1st (blue) car and the interior is good imho.

http://www.mercland.com/car.html?id=3902
Did you see this one?

Hah, I did see the E350, and I'd love it, perfect colour combo & spec, but I'm being realistic about running costs, and it's got yet even more miles on it - I'm planning on keeping this car for at least 3-4 years and average around 20-25k a year (sorry if that sounds tight!).

I'm so tempted by this:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...-location=at_cars&page=3&advert-type=promoted

It's got a great colour combo, lower miles, and the Harman/Kardon stereo is a big plus to me, as I love my music, however it's a 220...would I regret buying it after experiencing the 250? There's only one way to find out I guess...

Frosty149

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
IMG_0512.PNG
I'm presuming the variation on the mpg is 220 vs 250 both are 2.2CDi diesel the V6 3.0CDi is same reported mpg as the 250!
The car you posted ^ is good value and spec, plus a great colour combination.
Where are you based?

OP
C

cubbyq

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2013 E220 CDI SE Estate
Hi Frosty,

It's not just the fuel economy, but bigger tyres, higher insurance cost, higher tax, etc., etc.

I'm quite boring with my budgeting :rolleyes:

So, I got back in time to head over to Bristol to test the E220, and took a mate with me to be the voice of reason...

Upshot is that I bought it, and hopefully picking it up on Sunday!

Erm... the first one obviously had something a lot more wrong with it than just brakes, as the one I just bought felt quicker and handled like it was on rails, with much more composed suspension...the interior on the original was clean, with a few marks and scuffs as you'd expect, but this one is immaculate, and has obviously been really well cared for...and the Harman/Kardon stereo is something else!

@AMGeed, I'm going to request the VIN decoder in a mo', so thanks in advance :D

Nick

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Congratulations, glad you've found something so quickly, just had a look at the data card and for a 220 it's a well specced car hope it serves you well

Re the data card it's interesting to see that MB are now adding the front strut and spring part number which is a big help to all parties

Enjoy the car

OP
C

cubbyq

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2013 E220 CDI SE Estate
Thanks Malcolm!

Yep, fingers crossed this one's OK.

With regards to the spec, I couldn't agree with you more, and I think I got a bit of a rare find, especially with the cream/black interior, and leather rather than artico. It certainly feels very special in the cockpit.

Can't wait to try the active park assist!

Have a great weekend all,

Nick

Frosty149

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi Frosty,

It's not just the fuel economy, but bigger tyres, higher insurance cost, higher tax, etc., etc.

I'm quite boring with my budgeting :rolleyes:

So, I got back in time to head over to Bristol to test the E220, and took a mate with me to be the voice of reason...

Upshot is that I bought it, and hopefully picking it up on Sunday!

Erm... the first one obviously had something a lot more wrong with it than just brakes, as the one I just bought felt quicker and handled like it was on rails, with much more composed suspension...the interior on the original was clean, with a few marks and scuffs as you'd expect, but this one is immaculate, and has obviously been really well cared for...and the Harman/Kardon stereo is something else!

@AMGeed, I'm going to request the VIN decoder in a mo', so thanks in advance :D

Nick
Well done Nick, glad you found what was right for you and at a sensible price. Hope you get many many trouble free miles and plenty of pleasure from the car...

OP
C

cubbyq

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2013 E220 CDI SE Estate
Morning Frosty,

Many thanks, and yes, I'm really pleased as to be honest, I don't think I'd have specced the car any differently had I bought it from new.

Thanks so much again to you and all for the help and advice leading me to not just accept the previous car was OK.

Cheers,

Nick

OP
C

cubbyq

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2013 E220 CDI SE Estate
Morning all,

Well, after a week and just over 1,000 miles, all I can say is that I'm delighted with the wagon

It's been quiet, comfortable, really economical, and it simply swallowed all the kit needed for a work trip away.

I had picked up on a bit of vibration at motorway speeds, so had all four wheels road-force balanced yesterday, which has made it buttery smooth at speed!

Just waiting for some Dr Leather dye blocker to come through the post... only I would buy a car with cream leather and wear dark blue jeans most of the time!

Cheers,

Nick

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Well done Nick, glad you persevered with the brand they are worth it

Now you're bitten, nothing comes close to the E estate for refinement and space, it is after all MBs bread and butter line and what they do really well

Enjoy the car!

OP
C

cubbyq

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2013 E220 CDI SE Estate
Hi Malcolm,

Many thanks, and I really pleased I did persevere!

I think you're absolutely right, and so far it's proving itself to be a perfect tool for the job, so to speak.

I've spent the afternoon giving it a bit of a detail, as while it looked good, it now looks fantastic!

I didn't have time to do a real job, so took it to the local hand car wash, got it home, de-tarred it with Auto Finesse Oblitarate, and then hand polished with Autoglym Super Resin Polish:

IMG_5835.JPG

IMG_5836.JPG

IMG_5837.JPG

It probably won't look like this by the end of the week!

Cheers,

Nick

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
I didn't have time to do a real job, so took it to the local hand car wash, got it home, de-tarred it with Auto Finesse Oblitarate, and then hand polished with Autoglym Super Resin Polish

Looks superb, get some Sonax and use that over the polish, it will protect it and lasts well

OP
C

cubbyq

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2013 E220 CDI SE Estate
Thanks JBell!

I've not used Sonax, but I do have a fresh bottle of Blackfire Wet Diamond sealant, which I would have liked to put on yesterday, but simply ran out of time!

And 160 miles north in the rain today and it's filthy already!

Oh well, another excuse to clean it next weekend, and I've got a Furniture Clinic stain cleaning and protector kit on it's way to get the leather sorted before my jeans ruin it!

Best,

Nick

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom