In our new Brexit world do we still need a monarchy

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Established so far/or not

a] We need a new head of state [and formal constitution?] Why?
b] We need a new anthem as the current one is not just awful but fundamental to [a] Please to name a more pleasant one?
c] Do we also need a new flag? Why?

Rebranding of government agencies costs tens of millions. I would genuinely hate to think what rebranding every government agency and the entire institution of the country would cost. Let alone the decades of political turmoil, uncertainty and economic loss it would all bring.

OP
prwales

prwales

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ge300, w124 300e, various VW's
  • Banned
:rolleyes:so the sheep have it...

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Don't go bringing your Welsh tendencies onto this thread!!!!!

Next thing you know there'll be green wellies and Velcro and I shall have to call the 'Eddlu!

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand
:rolleyes:so the sheep have it...

And this is how all you people who presume to be more intelligent than the rest of us label us, simply because we DISAGREE. Brexit is YOUR fault. After decades of this, we all decided to give a nice big **** YOU to the so-called intellectual elite.

You posted the original question. The onus is on you to state WHY we should abolish the monarchy.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
And this is how all you people who presume to be more intelligent than the rest of us label us, simply because we DISAGREE. Brexit is YOUR fault. After decades of this, we all decided to give a nice big **** YOU to the so-called intellectual elite.

You posted the original question. The onus is on you to state WHY we should abolish the monarchy.

Well I've never heard of the sheep being blamed for Brexit before....

OP
prwales

prwales

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
  • Banned

Thanks, I thought I had done so already, however to repeat.
Monarchy is a backward form of Government, even a Constitutional Monarchy has huge faults.
The original reasons for a constitutional monarchy going back to 1688 have no validity today...we are not at war with France and a person's religion is irrelevant.
Such an institution is essentially parasitic on the body politic, ours costs a fortune but even if it cost nothing at all setting one individual to rule us because of an accident of birth is essentially slavery. Slavery is inconsistent with human freedom and I'd rather be a citizen with an elected head of state. Lots of silly things flow from having a monarchy, the aristocracy, our honours and awards system, our deference, our national anthem and our flag. Plus our military our Police and our judiciary are all required to swear loyalty to this relic, these are all simple things to reform so why not just do it. I know I'm in the minority on this forum but I couldn't care less because I'm right and those who think I'm wrong are either self serving or twp:):):)

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
I know I'm in the minority on this forum but I couldn't care less because I'm right and those who think I'm wrong are either self serving or twp:):):)

What a fabulously arrogant statement.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks, I thought I had done so already, however to repeat.
Monarchy is a backward form of Government, even a Constitutional Monarchy has huge faults.
The original reasons for a constitutional monarchy going back to 1688 have no validity today...we are not at war with France and a person's religion is irrelevant. OK, by your example then the original reason for Income Tax has no validity as we are not at war with France. Quick, tell the Chancellor!
Such an institution is essentially parasitic on the body politic Please to explain your point of view, ours costs a fortune Your opinion only, until you prove or disprove the costs as opposed to a purely ceremonial head of state as held in other countriesbut even if it cost nothing at all setting one individual to rule us because of an accident of birth is essentially slavery The Crown rules through Legislation, the Monarch does not rule and has not done so since 1645.. Slavery is inconsistent with human freedom and I'd rather be a citizen with an elected head of state Go to America then and see how much you like that system of government, you're so highly critical of it aren't you?. Lots of silly things flow from having a monarchy, the aristocracy, our honours and awards system, our deference, our national anthem and our flagAll countries develop an aristocracy even if they purportedly do not start with one. That's human nature. Honours and awards are a cheap way of giving people some recognition- don't forget that only a proportion of these go to the Civil Service, many go to people who have slaved for a lifetime for the local Community Centre etc. Deference- now there's an interesting one. In comparison to who? Why is the flag and the national anthem silly, just your opinion again?. Plus our military our Police and our judiciary are all required to swear loyalty to this relic, these are all simple things to reform so why not just do it No, the question is WHY do it, not why NOT. The distinction of who the Services swear loyalty to is an important one and is rooted at the very heart of the institutions that make up this country, all the way back to 1688. You purport to study history, you must understand the reasons for this.. I know I'm in the minority on this forum you got that one right but I couldn't care less neither could anyone else herebecause I'm right and those who think I'm wrong are either self serving or twp:):):) or correct.

Just my two pennorth.

Last edited:

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand
PR the minority you belong to is "least number of car-related posts on a car forum."

Alfie

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.comand.co.uk
Your Mercedes
A150 manual, smart forTwo, W205 AMG line premium plus.
I know I'm in the minority on this forum but I couldn't care less because I'm right and those who think I'm wrong are either self serving or twp:):):)

Im beginning to think you enjoy the conflict that your threads provoke.

The arrogance of your last post isnt surprising. One of the best lessons one can learn is to listen to other peoples opinions because sometimes they will show you a different way of looking at something. Sometimes they will be right and you will be wrong. Its the better person that can accept that with grace.

The more we feed the monster, the bigger it will get. Im done with this as you simply dismiss other peoples views in an absurd and arrogant manner.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Im beginning to think you enjoy the conflict that your threads provoke.

The arrogance of your last post isnt surprising. One of the best lessons one can learn is to listen to other peoples opinions because sometimes they will show you a different way of looking at something. Sometimes they will be right and you will be wrong. Its the better person that can accept that with grace.

The more we feed the monster, the bigger it will get. Im done with this as you simply dismiss other peoples views in an absurd and arrogant manner.

Don't Feed The Troll...

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
16509001_1241174085999367_7206059600451913307_n_zpszi9h0xhn.jpg

dry run

Reaction score
Website
kb-boatpark.co.uk
Your Mercedes
CLS 350d AMG LIne Premium Plus
I probabnly don't know PR as well as some others on here, but I took his "I'm right" comment as being fairly light hearted - he did put 3 :) 's on the end.

OP
prwales

prwales

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
  • Banned
Don't Feed The Troll...

rich considering your spend much of your time promoting Trumps fake news and think its ok to smear Michelle Obama, if there is a real troll on this forum its you:rolleyes:

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom