Ipod & Audio 20

Alfie

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.comand.co.uk
Your Mercedes
A150 manual, smart forTwo, W205 AMG line premium plus.
The car in question I thought was a 56 plate A150.

DVD is not supported on these with Audio20.

On the pre MY2009 W211 E class there is a firmware update to play MP3 DVD's in the Comand head unit.

Please be aware there are different Audio20 units, quite a few now that MY2009 is out and still called Audio20 even though it has a colour screen.

jonhunt2000

Reaction score
The car in question I thought was a 56 plate A150.

DVD is not supported on these with Audio20.

On the pre MY2009 W211 E class there is a firmware update to play MP3 DVD's in the Comand head unit.

Please be aware there are different Audio20 units, quite a few now that MY2009 is out and still called Audio20 even though it has a colour screen.

Interesting, so sounds like i need the firmware update. I have an Audio 20 (well thats the manula that came with it) with a colour screen. So how do get update?

oscar6

Reaction score
iPod fitment for C class 2006

Hi, I'm new. Just got an iPod for Christmas and wanted it to play through my Audio 20 unit in my C 180K 2006 model. Dealer quote is £550 to fit!!
I heard about being able to fit a socket in the glove compartment to link to the aux input but everyone I ask says this can't be done without a special interface kit costing £140 + £140 to fit.
I've investigated replacing the Audio 20 unit with a new audio unit which has iPod connection, bluetooth, additional aux input and usb - cost £330.
Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

helto

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180K Coupe 2004 face lift
Hi

I have just purchased a Mercedes. It’s a C180K Coupe (Sept 2004 reg) and have this morning, in 20 mins, fitted an auxiliary input cable as shown in this post. You need to be a member of the forum to view the pictures.

The part number in the picture is a US number; the UK number being A2104405005 and is £24.32 from MB Dealer.

Hope this is of some help.

oscar6

Reaction score
Thanks for this.

I'm wondering whether the £330 is worth it to get bluetooth and USB connectivity as well.

But I think I'll have a look under the sill anyway. It's what I originally wanted.

Thanks again.
:D

oscar6

Reaction score
Well I pulled off the sills - both sides - but there was no auxilliary input cable. I guess my car does not have any pre wiring.
I don't really feel competent to pull apart the centre console so it's either put up with poor quality audio from an itrip device or fork out the money!

I'm going to have a look for a car electrician in the Glasgow area to see if there is someone who can help.

Thanks anyway.

Alfie

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.comand.co.uk
Your Mercedes
A150 manual, smart forTwo, W205 AMG line premium plus.
Hi, I'm new. Just got an iPod for Christmas and wanted it to play through my Audio 20 unit in my C 180K 2006 model. Dealer quote is £550 to fit!!
I heard about being able to fit a socket in the glove compartment to link to the aux input but everyone I ask says this can't be done without a special interface kit costing £140 + £140 to fit.
I've investigated replacing the Audio 20 unit with a new audio unit which has iPod connection, bluetooth, additional aux input and usb - cost £330.
Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

The ipod kit can be fitted for a lot less than this.

Alternatively the AUX input on your audio20 can be supplied and fitted for under £100.

Audio20 uses a different AUX input to the A2104405005 part number.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom