mark.s

MBO Forum Staff - CLS 320 (W219)
MBO Ad Sales & Partnerships
Reaction score
Website
www.mercedesclub.org.uk
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI remapped (W219)
I can confirm - Rob Griffiths at BG Griffiths, is not Malcolm (Television) I might of missed that Stars in your eyes episode???.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I can confirm - Rob Griffiths at BG Griffiths, is not Malcolm (Television) I might of missed that Stars in your eyes episode???.

I think that is the right Griffiths, he is a friend of STAR and used to post here back in 2006

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If you use one on the site, please can you take the time to rate the company to help other members.

Thanks

I can recall an indie in London that had a very good name, very clever, good prices and a quick turn round. One day the owner and father of two boys who worked there died, we were sending people there and the horror stories started, so we do need to keep the feedback going if an indie has been used who is on the list here, or indeed from any Mercedes service center as people come and go from outlets.

Some guy on the internet

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A few.
Shouldn't it be a requirement that whoever is recommending a place has themselves used that place?

Pretty meaningless otherwise IMHO.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Shouldn't it be a requirement that whoever is recommending a place has themselves used that place?

Pretty meaningless otherwise IMHO.

MarkS has asked that those using the service to enter their findings and no one else should. The mods will know who gave the mark

Some guy on the internet

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A few.
I'm not talking about grading or awarding marks, I'm talking about only recommending places where individuals have personally used the place.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I'm not talking about grading or awarding marks, I'm talking about only recommending places where individuals have personally used the place.

For the best part that is what happens if we can, we are lucky in having some good indies on this forum, where we cannot recommend we do ask for feed back on the forum of their findings.

There are lots of very good indies out there, not an easy thing. if I have recommended one I have usually searched for feedback before hand

mark.s

MBO Forum Staff - CLS 320 (W219)
MBO Ad Sales & Partnerships
Reaction score
Website
www.mercedesclub.org.uk
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI remapped (W219)
Recommendations are subjective, and as shown on the forum, one person will say bad others will say great.

We hope that those who have used a garage from the website will include their recommendations (star rating) once it has built up it will be a good guide (a guide only).

Some guy on the internet

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A few.
For the best part that is what happens if we can, we are lucky in having some good indies on this forum, where we cannot recommend we do ask for feed back on the forum of their findings.

There are lots of very good indies out there, not an easy thing. if I have recommended one I have usually searched for feedback before hand

Who is 'we'?

Why are you making recommendations about places you haven't used or been a customer of?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Who is 'we'?

Why are you making recommendations about places you haven't used or been a customer of?

I have some directories where the indies are rated, and in the main I have used those.
If you were to read more on here you will find in extreme cases where someone lives in some unknown place and I have said "you have indie xxx" I also now add "but we know nothing about them"

Re who is "we", I is "me" and "we" is where someone else on the forum has used them :D:D

star

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
I think that is the right Griffiths, he is a friend of STAR and used to post here back in 2006

Do you mean me??? i know of a Griffiths but no friend of mine!

Some guy on the internet

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A few.

Do you mean me??? i know of a Griffiths but no friend of mine!

This is a good example of why it's important that members only recommend places they have personal experience of. Anything else is just hearsay or gossip IMO.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
This is a good example of why it's important that members only recommend places they have personal experience of. Anything else is just hearsay or gossip IMO.

A bit like your post then, and I still cannot what you are going on about

Some guy on the internet

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A few.
I'm going on about people talking bo11ocks about indies & recommending them when they've never used them, never seen their facilities, never met the principles & have no first hand knowledge of the place whatsoever.

HTH. :D:D:D

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Post #2 - A prophesy fulfilled?

Thread closing...

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208
Personal experience is not the only criteria. I have recommended a few and will continue to recommend them even though I have no personal experience of their skills. For a start I would have no hesitation in recommending almost every indie that supports this forum in one way or another. I can see from how they diagnose our problems, and from the thanks they get for the personal service they have given to know that they are more than worth sending someone to.

I should add, that my personal recommendations will not be added to the list that is being created as I believe the intention is that it does contain data from actual customers. But this doesnt invalidate my recommendation on this forum, or to people I may meet in real life in anyway

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom