Mercedes-Benz CL 5.5 CL500 - Buying Advice

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
Indeed I am referring to that, the gear shift in 1 does give a much harder than 2, but its held the resurrection harder.

I the same the ride in 2 is good and its easy to increased with a harder throttle. I do have some 35 details of things that can happen.

Hi Malcolm Thanks for the clarification.
I just wondered if there was something I had missed.
As I do sometimes find it a bit confusing, where say some settings are on the dash control and then other fairly similar ones are in Comand. :)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The main control you can raise it for some reason from the second down from the top, this knob is under the top one, no one ever uses this, plus the 1gear is S and 2nd in start.

I do have mounds information on the CL550 and love that car

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
The main control you can raise it for some reason from the second down from the top, this knob is under the top one, no one ever uses this, plus the 1gear is S and 2nd in start.

I do have mounds information on the CL550 and love that car
Thanks and know the feeling, had 5 SLs in a row And thought I was was hooked for life, but the CL has almost converted me.
Silky smooth elegance, utter comfort and yes she can sit up and "go for it" if asked :):)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Just fitting new door kick cards, I will following with clear tape part to stop it from scratching

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
Just fitting new door kick cards, I will following with clear tape part to stop it from scratching
Did you use MB cill protectors or have you found some decent alternatives?

The mercedes ones were exceedingly expensive.

Also have you managed to find that thick clear-translucent tape, sometimes found on certain exposed paintwork i.e. Bulges in rear wheel arches?

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi

Also have you managed to find that thick clear-translucent tape, sometimes found on certain exposed paintwork i.e. Bulges in rear wheel arches?
Poly Tunnel repair tape would do this.
Also Screwfix do clear gorilla tape in 2" widths - I used it to patch splits in my SL soft top windows and it stuck fast for over a year of putting it up and down.

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
Poly Tunnel repair tape would do this.
Also Screwfix do clear gorilla tape in 2" widths - I used it to patch splits in my SL soft top windows and it stuck fast for over a year of putting it up and down.
Thanks
The old Prsche had a couple of clear sections applied to the lower part of the bulge in front of the wheel arch, and after 2 years they had a sprinkling of pepper pin pricks. At a main service I mentioned this and when I picked the car up they had been changed. Looked like new really tough stuff.

Would be a great idea to put some of that on the lower return/lip of the wheel arch.
If I keep her for a few years I may go for mud flaps these big wheel must chuck a ton of crap at the cills.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes

I got hold of 2 new one cheap and I will get put clear tape on the front end.

The ones for the latter are nice, I do not know if they will fit.

BernardB

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL600 (W216) 2006
Thanks
The old Prsche had a couple of clear sections applied to the lower part of the bulge in front of the wheel arch, and after 2 years they had a sprinkling of pepper pin pricks. At a main service I mentioned this and when I picked the car up they had been changed. Looked like new really tough stuff.

Would be a great idea to put some of that on the lower return/lip of the wheel arch.
If I keep her for a few years I may go for mud flaps these big wheel must chuck a ton of crap at the cills.
Good luck with finding mudflaps. I've been looking for ages. The Mercedes ones, for which I have the part numbers, were discontinued years ago. The "universal fit" ones you find on eBay are rubbish.

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
You
I got hold of 2 new one cheap and I will get put clear tape on the front end.

The ones for the latter are nice, I do not know if they will fit.
You lucky thing.
There were 4 on ebay unused. i rang the guy and he said fine £120. Then said he was just popping out and would ring me in 30 mins to do the pay-pal
No call, so i rang him in an hour, and he said a chap had come around with £125 and they were gone.

I said "oh what a shame you didnt ring me, I would have paid up to £250 in a heartbeat"

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
Good luck with finding mudflaps. I've been looking for ages. The Mercedes ones, for which I have the part numbers, were discontinued years ago. The "universal fit" ones you find on eBay are rubbish.

The price we will pay because they have so many models ... nonway can they keep the stock lines.
This will be MBs next nightmare!
The first being the lack of quality in cars built between 2002 and 2007!

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom