GAD Tuning LTD

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.gadtuning.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Mercedes AMG GTS - GLS350d
Tuned torque still down , 550 Nm most quote ?
Most quote gains yes but stock form the vehicle was down on torque also. We quote between 45-55nm of torque gain but this with its little issues ended gaining more due to it being so much lower.

Many thanks

Gazwould

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 CDI
What would a typical W204 250 CDI put out on your dyno and what do you think of Dyno Dynamics ?

OP
GAD Tuning LTD

GAD Tuning LTD

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.gadtuning.co.uk
Your Mercedes
What would a typical W204 250 CDI put out on your dyno and what do you think of Dyno Dynamics ?
So our system is very similar to Dyno Dynamics, they went bust a few years ago and the guys at Dyno Developments did and still do service all the Dynamic systems and even convert the systems over to there own.

They are very good systems. But like I mentioned went bust :(

The rule of thumb with dynos is that if its an Inertia dyno then its for power runs, if its low inertial mass and braked then its for tuners as you can put the vehicle under load at whatever test point or load point and monitor.

Having high inertia so massive drums you have to move even with eddy brakes cannot change speed fast enough due to the mass to be able to tune on.

Many thanks

Last edited:

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Slam? Slam is the wrong term we chose carefully that the system we went for had a few things! Excellent support, upgradable to AWD and linked and brutally honest. That was our choice.

Many thanks
Good answer!
Don’t you find though conversely that a fair number of AMG’s actually record higher than stock figures?

OP
GAD Tuning LTD

GAD Tuning LTD

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.gadtuning.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Good answer!
Don’t you find though conversely that a fair number of AMG’s actually record higher than stock figures?
On the contrary I have never seen one make stock power! C63s W204 are the worst for this! Had a 507 do 440bhp ish, Had E63 AMG biturbo do 530bhp ish, AMG GT-R was about 5-7 down. Once again if ever you seen dyno results for anything that shows high just check the brand you will see its USA made.

Many threads on USA forums for the new GT2-RS Porsche who quote 700bhp crank and USA dynos showing 700 at the wheels but on non American dynos they make there abouts factory quoted

Many thanks

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
On the contrary I have never seen one make stock power! C63s W204 are the worst for this! Had a 507 do 440bhp ish, Had E63 AMG biturbo do 530bhp ish, AMG GT-R was about 5-7 down. Once again if ever you seen dyno results for anything that shows high just check the brand you will see its USA made.

Many threads on USA forums for the new GT2-RS Porsche who quote 700bhp crank and USA dynos showing 700 at the wheels but on non American dynos they make there abouts factory quoted

Many thanks
I had my previous 5.5 Bi Turbo on 3 x different brands with 3 different results, to be fair all were 550 plus so I wasn’t bothered greatly- one had 585 though which had me wondering. As said before , in any case it’s the gains which are the important thing, not the starting point as such

OP
GAD Tuning LTD

GAD Tuning LTD

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.gadtuning.co.uk
Your Mercedes
I had my previous 5.5 Bi Turbo on 3 x different brands with 3 different results, to be fair all were 550 plus so I wasn’t bothered greatly- one had 585 though which had me wondering. As said before , in any case it’s the gains which are the important thing, not the starting point as such
Exactly its the delta that's important and that when your tuning and monitoring how the car is behaving that's the important part.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Actually its gains on the day that's most relevant.
Even across the day external factors can affect readings.
For example air pressure and air temperature both affect air density. The higher the air density the higher the power output all other things being equal. Likewise humidity has an impact as mentioned earlier (high humidity allows the water content of the air to provide a cooling effect and the water also turns to steam in the combustion chamber giving a small additional benefit - this is the principle behind water injection).

The numbers themselves are largely unimportant in isolation as with variations in dynos, atmospherics etc there are too many variables to allow comparisons. Numbers on their own might have bragging rights at the pub but that's about all.

OP
GAD Tuning LTD

GAD Tuning LTD

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.gadtuning.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Actually its gains on the day that's most relevant.
Even across the day external factors can affect readings.
For example air pressure and air temperature both affect air density. The higher the air density the higher the power output all other things being equal. Likewise humidity has an impact as mentioned earlier (high humidity allows the water content of the air to provide a cooling effect and the water also turns to steam in the combustion chamber giving a small additional benefit - this is the principle behind water injection).

The numbers themselves are largely unimportant in isolation as with variations in dynos, atmospherics etc there are too many variables to allow comparisons. Numbers on their own might have bragging rights at the pub but that's about all.

Your correct yes our dyno has a built in weather station which takes these factors in that's why at the bottom of the plots will show an uncorrected figure. But yes that's the exact thinking behind water injection systems.

Many thanks

Gazwould

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 CDI
Torque peaks at 2000rpm and falls steadily away (fairly typical of a turbodiesel engine).

In general maximum acceleration will be obtained if the engine is kept between maximum torque and maximum power.

Which is why at full throttle I hate my gearbox overriding me and changes at 4.5K when peak power is made at 3.5K .

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
I couldn't live with any car where maximum power was less than 5500rpm...
(Unless it was a serious off road vehicle like a Defender and even then I prefer the V8 petrol).

Gazwould

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 CDI
We have a Honda FN2 VTEC boy...

Gazwould

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 CDI
I just wish we had Yank petrol prices , I wouldn't hesitate .

Top Bottom