New member & seeking R230 SL 350 !

carnut13

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R231 SL400 & Audi A1 Sport
Im too late to help here but out of interest I found my 350Sl on autotrader at £8495. WJ53TTV 93000 miles

I have owned this car since new and if anyone is interested I have very full history and FMBSH at main dealers

Kirbs

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ECLASS 280 sport,2009,3.0 and SL350 2004
Bigfella

When top down keep the rear windows up,feel even more cocooned and cosy and hear sound system clearer

Thanks

Paul

Dave779

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes SL350 2003 and Nissan Qashqai 1.2 Tekna 2016
Welcome, mines the same colour and the SL350 with 33K miles and mint condition, just cleaned her ready for the show on Sunday, if you want the rear windows up just hold in the circulate button took me 12 months to learn that.

Gkinghorn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Cabriolet - 2011
I must stop reading these threads..it just upsets me..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I must stop reading these threads..it just upsets me..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will park outside your place the next time I go to Bournmouth ;)

Painter16

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sl350 2007
Looks a lovely motor .i love my 350 the sl most beautiful car to look at in my eyes,mine came with just the sl on the back,no numbers,not keen on putting numbers letters on ,and really don't like when peps put 500 or amg when it's not.but that's me ,yes they have their faults ie boot leaks common one,but they can be sorted,but they are a fantastic car,would only swop mine for another onein a few years time,like you want to do a few minor cosmetic bits to bring it back up to scratch but overall very very happy with me sl as I'm sure you will be. and learning lots from the good peps on here

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
My 500 was tastefully ordered at the factory without badging so that was a job I didn't need to do...happy days! My A6 was only that on the back with no technology designation, I only did that A6 part as we have a couple of A4 Avants in the office car park and frankly from a distance you can't tell them apart! When you get them close the A6 is huge in comparison!

OP
bigfella70

bigfella70

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R230
Cheers folks, really happy with the car ! Take on board re the AMG badge, probably not something I'd have done......

First priority will be the service, cosmetics from there, in the meantime enjoying the drive.

Dave779

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes SL350 2003 and Nissan Qashqai 1.2 Tekna 2016
You can take it off with a haidryer and a fine plastic strip if you want to and leaves no marks after polishing.

dannyfiveforty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R230 SL500 2003
Don't forget, there is an aux in in the glove box, you can always run a cable from there to your phone to listen to your music via, also, phone calls come through the speakers, as for the microphone you do have to use the actual phone still.

I took it a stage further and ran a cable hidden to the rear storage compartment and installed a Bluetooth receiver, then, everytime I get into the car my phone automatically connects, ideal for me as I have loads of music on my iphone

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Don't forget, there is an aux in in the glove box, you can always run a cable from there to your phone to listen to your music via, also, phone calls come through the speakers, as for the microphone you do have to use the actual phone still.

I took it a stage further and ran a cable hidden to the rear storage compartment and installed a Bluetooth receiver, then, everytime I get into the car my phone automatically connects, ideal for me as I have loads of music on my iphone

This socket was dropped in mid 2004 when the wide screen Comand was fitted.

Kirbs

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ECLASS 280 sport,2009,3.0 and SL350 2004
Welcome, mines the same colour and the SL350 with 33K miles and mint condition, just cleaned her ready for the show on Sunday, if you want the rear windows up just hold in the circulate button took me 12 months to learn that.

Hi Dave

What show,local to you as you know so interested to know?

Thanks

Paul

SL63 Mark

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R231 SL63 AMG

What is the circulate button ? Do you mean the one on the heater ? I did not know that.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yes that is the one center top. If you use this button with the roof down then the side windows will not quite fully close. You can also close the rears by lifting the switch again on the door, after the fronts have closed.

Did you also know that when closing the boot and its all wet and dirty, just feel on the inside lining and there is a finger recess just to the right to close the boot.

SL63 Mark

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R231 SL63 AMG
Can I say congrats to the bigfella on his new 230. Welcome to the joys of 230 ownership, I still love mine after three years and 22,000 miles, a very solid and quality product, and no actual problems as yet.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom