New SLK (R172) owner checking in.. with a handling question.

MEMERC

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK 250AMG
poor dipped beam headlight performance made the short trip very unnerving. The next day I dropped the tyre pressures to 31 front and 33 Psi rears which helped no end. I also upgraded the dipped H7 bulbs to a Philips Ex-Tream. Which has also improved things a great deal. 350[/B said:

Shocking headlight performance unacceptable.
Would like to up-grade bulbs as you did.
1. Where buy bulbs?
2. How easy to install? ( I know the handbook has the instructions ).

Will amend tp's as you did and see what difference it makes.

Not convinced the moderate performance hike & increased running costs make the 350 a good deal. 250 in S mode seems more than ample and have yet to be outrun or embarrassed.

GseRacing

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R172/2012/250
I have had my petrol 250 R172 for 2 years now...

Tick tock tick tock is normal, no idea what but "its a feature sir".
Clonck, i found that when it was put together some nice person hadnt quite secured the spare bits in the boot so worth a check.
As for handling, i always replace with the MB spec tyres, conti sport 5 i think. They are crap for about 1000 miles. Like proper crap! Then they come to life. Then after about 8000 miles they are crap again, then they come back...then they go illegal. Good for 20000 inc two trackdays and a road rally!

Oh lights, mine wernt great amd neither were mums, we didnt realise they seem to come out the factory with the light roller thingy pointing them down like you are towing a caravan. Same on dads c class coupe. Just worth a check.

Gary

Last edited:

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom