Oil Extraction.

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
I dont see an ussue with a cheap manual pump for the petrol.

I would not use a 12v one for petrol, they simply get hot internally and its asking for trouble, also risk with sparks on connecting. They are not designed as fuel pumps.

That said why not remove the fuel line, direct into a container and crank using the cars fuel pump. I done this on a mates car who misfuelled.

OP
S

Steve Paul Thompson

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 W204 C350cdi Blue efficiency sport
Used the electric pump I bought from Ebay in February. Much faster than the hand vacuum pump. I pumped the old oil into the hand pump as it has a 9 litre tank capacity. My C350 Cdi has 8 litres so it was ideal for the job.:)

star

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
We alway suck out, the risk of cracking a plastic sump is too great, as the pic shows, a car that had been to another garage for an oil change.
Later 654 engines have no dipstick or tube so have to be drained via sump and the 558646E2-B103-4395-91C4-7EA05D52B882.jpeg half twist plastic sump plug.

Benz17

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350d Amg Premium Saloon, Cavansite Blue, 2017
My car is on a service plan, and booked in for a service on 15 July, W213 E350d, no dipstick, what would the dealers do, via sump or extract via pump.

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sold - 2021 CLA 35 Premium.
My car is on a service plan, and booked in for a service on 15 July, W213 E350d, no dipstick, what would the dealers do, via sump or extract via pump.
I am the same and I asked this question.
The answer was that there is a blanked off tube that a dipstick could fit in and allow oil to be sucked out.
I looked but couldn't see it, although I didn't look very hard at all admittedly.
In my service plan terms it states that new sump plug or washer etc is included.
I had my A service a week ago and I have no idea whether they sucked or drained my oil.

Last edited:

Benz17

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I am the same and I asked this question.
The answer was that there is a blanked off tube that a dipstick could fit in and allow oil to be sucked out.
I looked but couldn't see it, although I didn't look very hard at all admittedly.
In my service plan terms it states that new sump plug or washer etc is included.
I had my A service a week ago and I have no idea whether they sucked or drained my oil.
Interesting, the terms could be generic, I will also ask them when I go, but as long as 99% of oil is extracted, then that should be fine, no.

jimbg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E Class Estate 2020 220d Prem Plus
As I have said before they suck out the oil on boat engines that in themselves cost more than any MB car!
Absolutely nothing wrong with the technique. Car servicing is cheap, a large consumer boat engine service can be in the thousands and they usually have two to take care of! :geek:

star

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
It depends on what engine you have fitted, 651 has a normal sump plug and a dip stick. A 654 engine has a plastic sump plug with built into ring but no dip stick.

Jim2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1st Merc 2010 E Class W212 2.1 CDI. 2nd Merc 2014 E Class W212 220 CDI
Because the ground is sloped where I change mine, I use a jack to level it up,and also lift it so where the district meets the pan is at its lowest point. And when filling the oil, I never put in the correct amount straight away..just 6 out of the 6.5 ltrs, then run it and let it settle. Then I do the final check and adjust the level

Benz17

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Because the ground is sloped where I change mine, I use a jack to level it up,and also lift it so where the district meets the pan is at its lowest point. And when filling the oil, I never put in the correct amount straight away..just 6 out of the 6.5 ltrs, then run it and let it settle. Then I do the final check and adjust the level
As this is the first time I’m using a dealer for a service, only due to the 20% discount on offer last year, hope they take just as good care on my car, as you do on yours, but I guess that is wishing.

Manc Rick

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W213 E220 Premium +, 2017 with OM654.
Can anybody confirm whether or not the OM654 (w213) has a blanked off tube where a dipstick/ oil suction tube can be inserted, or, is oil extraction by suction not possible?

thanks

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If its your own car. probably easier ti just pop hood and take a peek.

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
As this is the first time I’m using a dealer for a service, only due to the 20% discount on offer last year, hope they take just as good care on my car, as you do on yours, but I guess that is wishing.
Not all dealers are bad and I think its unfair to tarnish them all with the same brush. There is a prejudice they are bad as ppl mostly complain about poor service.

Manc Rick

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W213 E220 Premium +, 2017 with OM654.
If its your own car. probably easier ti just pop hood and take a peek.
Yes thanks, I did that of course and couldn’t not see any dipstick or any tube resembling a dipstick repository, so I doubt there is such a thing, however I have seen more than a couple of forum posts suggesting that various MB newer engines without a dipstick do indeed have a blanked off tube where a dipstick can be inserted, so I was looking for confirmation either way based on the OM654 engine.

For all I know, there may be one in a not so obvious place, for example perhaps only visible when removing the air intake pipe, intended for technician use only.

Its looking like there isn’t such a tube, so I’ll have to try and park on a slope, jack the front up to level the car and drop the oil that way, but much easier and quicker using the electric pump that I used to use on my OM651 - it drained 6.5 litres in around 5 minutes. Oh well, there’sa job for a Sunday afternoon :)

Thanks

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom