Philips Color Vision Bulbs - Pre-Launch Testers Required!

EuroCarParts

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.eurocarparts.com
Your Mercedes
BMW 2006 330d
Hi Everybody!

We've just taken delivery of samples of the new Philips Color Vision Bulbs & need some trusty forum members to test them out, provide some pictures & details about how they found them! In return for your time, you'll get to keep the bulbs (worth £34.99 per set!)

PhilipsColourVisionGroupShot.jpg

The Color Vision range is new to Philips (and new to market) as it uses 4 different tints to the halogen bulb,
> Yellow
> Purple
> Blue
> Green
... in order for a cleaner, brighter output - but remaining with a very OE looking 3350k bulb brightness.

They offer a modest improvement of upto 60% more light output, whilst the lifetime is improved upto 20% over original equipment.

All of this is achieved through new technology and most importantly all of the Philips Color Vision range is ECE approved for use on the UK roads (they also supply a handy printout with each packet to prove this)

So, if you are after a replacement set of bulbs & happy to help us with our research please drop us a PM with contact details and type required
Nb. These are ONLY available in H4 and H7 bulb types

We're opening up the offer to all of our supported forums, & will begin to contact the chosen testers late next week. If we dont get back to you - please dont be offended that you haven't been chosen but we only have limited stock!

nokia

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 E320 CDI Avantgarde
I'd be happy to volunteer for this

Benzworx

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 55 amg
I would like to try these on the new show car project

Clk230chris

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 CLK230 W208 Coupe
Thanks AMGeed

Would have been interesting to see how the blue ones compare with the cheap blue ones I already have.

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
given that theyre coloured (even just slightly) are these bulbs actually ROAD LEGAL?

L John

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 C350 Petrol Elegance
given that theyre coloured (even just slightly) are these bulbs actually ROAD LEGAL?

It looks like there's a circle at the bottom left of the box that appears to say "LEGAL FOR ROAD USE" Hard to make it out but that's what it looks like to me.

EDIT:
Yes it does say legal for road use, also in the centre of the circle it says "LEGAL CARD INSIDE"
Presumably to show to the MOT tester?
http://www.bimmertoday.de/wp-content/uploads/Philips-ColorVision-H4-H7-Halogen-Auto-Lampe-Scheinwerfer-farbig.jpg

Last edited:

Clk230chris

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 CLK230 W208 Coupe
Certainly the blue ones tend to give better light at night as they filter out the orangey tones of halogen lamps.

My cheap blue coated bulbs make my old clk look like it has HID lamps but without the migraine triggering harshness.

As for other colours it just makes your car look funky.

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
Why would anyone want coloured (even slightly) light bulbs?

Philips started them a few years ago for motorcycles, they have an amber tint that is supposed to make them stand out from ordinary headlight bulbs and help drivers differentiate between a bike and a car.

Russ

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
It looks like there's a circle at the bottom left of the box that appears to say "LEGAL FOR ROAD USE" Hard to make it out but that's what it looks like to me.

EDIT:
Yes it does say legal for road use, also in the centre of the circle it says "LEGAL CARD INSIDE"
Presumably to show to the MOT tester?
http://www.bimmertoday.de/wp-content/uploads/Philips-ColorVision-H4-H7-Halogen-Auto-Lampe-Scheinwerfer-farbig.jpg

Yes road legal, from Phillips info

" ECE certification and homologation for 100% road legal usage"

The fact they see it necessary to include a certificate card suggests one might be pulled over on occasion.....

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
What ever the light output, the law says 55watts and nothing about the light output, what ever the output they will not be so bright as xenon so no worries

pipmk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350cdi Sport cabriolet
Are we about to go back to the French style yellow lights? I would think that any perceived improvement in vision has rather more to do with an individuals sight variation than an actual absolute benefit. Colour perception and things like "dazzle" vary widely from individual to individual.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom