Re-Map

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
Most tuners maps are not detected during an diag work, the main problem you might face is if there is a software update to the ecu, it would then overwrite the map file, that said it not likely but just something you need to be aware of.
Swapping back and forth isn't a major issue as a good tuner will keep a copy of the stock file, it will just be time and money to do,

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Hi guys been reading through this thread as I'm possibly looking to get my cla 220 a remap. It's 2016 so still has 1 year manufacturers warranty left. Would it be silly to get done now whilst the warranty is still valid? Would this be checked to see if they could get out of any repairs or am I being paranoid. Or could it be remapped back easy enough should it need to go in for a repair and what would the likely cost for flashing back and forth. Glad I found this forum looks like there's bundles of info on here that will come in useful. Cheers guys.
An ECU remap will be undetectable unless the dealer specifically interrogates the ECU- the tuner will keep the original on file and can easily revert it for you also if necessary then again put your map back on afterwards.
Ultimately it’s up to you I guess but the risk is minimal with a quality company

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Most tuners maps are not detected during an diag work, the main problem you might face is if there is a software update to the ecu, it would then overwrite the map file, that said it not likely but just something you need to be aware of.
Swapping back and forth isn't a major issue as a good tuner will keep a copy of the stock file, it will just be time and money to do,
Exactly Matt and if you have a good sympathetic contact with your main dealer they’ll avoid ECU updates if you ask them nicely . MSL for instance will also reinstate your map if this should happen once FOC, then a nominal labour fee if it happens any time again

Fletch 100

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Cla 220d 2016
Before finding this forum I had already sent an email to AM tuning who came back to me saying that he could map to around 220 / 225 bhp from 170 / 174
Anyone had any dealings with these guys I'm based by portsmouth so Birmingham is a bit of a hike to get to MSL as I read on another thread. Cheers Lee.

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
220 for that engine sounds about right, though I'd feel more comfortable with slightly less due to the simplex chain and cheese cam sprockets

Fletch 100

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Cla 220d 2016
So the remap could cause maintenance issues? Don't want to cause problems with the car.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Not a map per se which will cause maintenance problems but more the aggressive power increase against two already iffy components in the OM651 engine as Matt says...
Don’t panic and google all the horror stories , there are loads of these engines without the simplex chain and corresponding poor material cam sprockets manifesting as failures than not
Just needs a more sympathetic tune

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
That’s a near 30% increase
Consult your insurers too, I’m allowed up to 22% with a moderate premium increase (I’ve used that up)

Gazwould

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 CDI
index.php

Blimey that previous unknown remap is a bad job ( shame we don't know it's one to avoid origin ) not surprised fuel pressure was high looking at the torque comes in like a sledgehammer , not good for the hardware , inc tyres , and then both torque and horses taking an early midrange dip .

@GAD Tuning North by your website the facelift S/W204 ( and what I have ) C250 CDI makes a tiny bit more bhp and torque than non facelift model , why is this ?

And Naz do you have any S/W204 C250 CDI dyno printouts I may peruse ?

OP
B

Billy Bowden

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 E220 CDI amg
From what I've heard your warranty will be invalid speak to GAD tuning in Newcastle he's very very knowledgeable and will help you out mate

St10pen

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350cdi amg sports pack 2010
Bill are you still a member as I wanted to see how the mapping went

Chelsea . I had my c350 remapped last year and have 295 hp and 667 n/m torque and car has be excellent.

Chelsea1956

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E class convertible 2014 2200cc
Hi why did it cost you and is it still going well

St10pen

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350cdi amg sports pack 2010
Hi Chelsea. It cost me £600.00 and it's still fantastic. :)

Chelsea1956

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E class convertible 2014 2200cc
Thanks for the reply get mine on Wednesday

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom