rusty stains under cill slk

paulwith

Reaction score
I have recently noticed rust coloured stains on the floor under the nearside cill of our 92 slk 320. If I pour water onto the screen or roof it finds it's way out through several small holes under the cill and through the cill fixing screws.I'm sure this is normal,the problem is it seems to be gathering surface rust on the way and staining my nice new drive.Does anyone know a cure,is it neccessary to remove ther cil,if so how is it done?
Many thanks.

Last edited:

G MAN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
380 slc 1981
Hi Paul not familiar with your model but my experience is that your water test should ,if no problems, result in a definite spout of water of the same volume emerging from the cill through the drain hole/pipe. Your desription suggests that the drain is blocked & water is seeping through some corrosion which may be hidden under the cover. Water does gather with mud etc & rust develops here rapidly. Check the Russian site

http://www.detali.ru/cat/oem_mb0.asp?TP=1 to see where your drain gullies/routes & fixings are for any cover are.

A common mistake is that a previous repair may have welded up the rusty drain exit by mistake resulting in the water being trapped & seeping through anywhere it can.
Sometimes a blockage can be removed with welding rod(soft bendy probe) & judicious use of an airline. Best to work initially from the bottom up as you don't want to puncture or blow any drain tube off

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom