Service due warning....

Sheffield 61

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 estate CDI 2010
Hi all....

Bit of advice needed please....

I've got a SERVICE DUE indicator warning on the dashboard of my 2010 Mercedes e220 blue efficiency estate.....

Any advice as to how to turn this off would be much appreciated.....

Regards,

John in Sheffield....

sl500amgsport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2014
Step 1 – Turn ignition to position "1"

Make sure all the doors are closed, then press the ignition button once to place it in position "1."

Step 2 – Scroll to the "Trip" option

Press the left or right system selection button until the menu choice "Trip" is highlighted in the multi-function display.

Step 3 – "Accept" a phone call

Hold the "Accept Phone Call" button located on the right side of the steering wheel. While holding the button down and within five seconds, press and hold the "OK" button on the left side of the steering wheel.

Step 4 – Press the scroll forward button

Repeatedly press the scroll forward button until "ASSYST PLUS" is highlighted and stored, then confirm selection by pressing the "OK" button.

Step 5 – Restore to "Full Service"

Press the scroll forward button until "Full Service" is highlighted. Confirm the selection by pressing the "OK" button.

Step 6 – Reset the service indicator

Press the scroll forward button until "Conf. Full Serv." is highlighted. Confirm the selection, and reset the service indicator by pressing the "OK" button. Once the service indicator is reset, place the ignition back to position "0."

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI, S350 Bluetec
Service the car as required.
Reset the indicator as above or with a diagnostic tool.

That’s how I read it… car needs a service, switch of the warning and the car is serviced

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
I credited John in Sheffield with a bit of common & assumed the car had been serviced but the service warning hadn't been reset

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
Only the OP can answer if the car has been serviced.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
I credited John in Sheffield with a bit of common & assumed the car had been serviced but the service warning hadn't been reset
My thoughts are “what kind of service has it had and by whom of they don’t know how to reset the service indicator”… if it was by any form of garage I’d be very wary…

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
My thoughts are “what kind of service has it had and by whom of they don’t know how to reset the service indicator”… if it was by any form of garage I’d be very wary…
EmilysMum's C3 came back from service at Citroën themselves with the service indicator on :oops:

sl500amgsport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2014
EmilysMum's C3 came back from service at Citroën themselves with the service indicator on :oops:
Take a pic of the indicator and ask for a full refund "as no service has taken place", if they refuse tell them you will be posting the pic to the press as you have no proof of anything having been done ;-).

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Take a pic of the indicator and ask for a full refund "as no service has taken place", if they refuse tell them you will be posting the pic to the press as you have no proof of anything having been done ;-).

it was a few years ago now

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
My thought was it has not been serviced and removing the light indicated otherwise cough cough

OP
S

Sheffield 61

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 estate CDI 2010
WOW,
So many nice replies and thank you all....

Sorry just logged back in.....

She HAS been serviced but I couldn't afford Mercedes so a mobile mechanic did it for me a month ago. Does this mean that I am stuck with this annoying issue please??....

OP
S

Sheffield 61

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 estate CDI 2010
Kind of yes....

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
I would have expected the mobile mechanic to reset the service indicator manually?

Reset procedure above #2 or visit YouTube for a video guide

sl500amgsport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2014
I would have expected the mobile mechanic to reset the service indicator manually?

Reset procedure above #2 or visit YouTube for a video guide
"Mobile Mechanic" may not have been aware, indicator is usually reset by Star, manual procedure is a sort of backup override.....

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Surely a reputable mobile mechanic would have some diags tool to do a service reset. A service is the most basic of maintenance tbf.

sl500amgsport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2014
Surely a reputable mobile mechanic would have some diags tool to do a service reset. A service is the most basic of maintenance tbf.
Reputable and mobile are a bit of an oxymoron in this instance;-).

littlebrooklyn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 A180d
I hate how the service indicator comes on a whole month before the service is due and it's just a flipping nuisance. Ours comes on every time I start the car and I have to mess around getting rid of it, only for it to be there the next time I use the car. I'm so ticked off by it that we have booked the car in 2wks early for it's annual service & MOT even though I know that is just a short term solution :D

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom