SLK 320 suspension "vagueness".??

nine468

Reaction score
Hi Folks.
We have a 170 series SLK320. [Rare Manual].
Recently it seems to have developed a strange vagueness in the rear suspension.
When driving over uneaven roads / small potholes, the rear end seems to want to "rear steer".
There is also a "loose" feeling when selecting reverse / forward gears from stationary. As if the rear subframe is moving up + down..
I have had a look underneath, with the use of a 2 post ramp. It seems like the two main bushes, no,s 100 on the attatched pic.
have worn causing the "loose" feeling.

http://www.detali.ru/cat/oem_mb2.as...660716.667&CT=F&cat=66E&SID=35&SGR=045&SGN=03

How easy is it to replace these bushes, as it seems they are two of the 4 main bushes holding the rear subframe in place...???
Anyone done this job..

For those that are used to using the site where i got the attatchment from,,,Could you please tell me... On the picture, there are small spanner symbols. What significance do they have. Are they a "how to " guide.?? If so, how do i access it....

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hi Dave, I can send you a how too, there is not much to it and the bushes are pressed out

There are no "how to's" on the ruskie site.

We have another on goping thread with a 202 and the same thing.

PM me your Email address

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Its only a simple clamp to push it out with, or cut the old one up with a hack saw or sharp chisel

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom