So, who set their clock this morning?

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
Following on from my original thread about my theory that my clock was picking it's time up from rds,
http://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/showthread.php?t=17187&highlight=clock
I went out this morning and deliberately checked the clock before doing anything. It was bang on right and had already taken account of the hour change. At this point I hadn't even put the key in, let alone powered up the radio. What is more odd, is that I am used to the idea that my car, computer etc need to have their clocks adjusted every few weeks. My 210 for example would lose 20 mins per month. I've had my 211 for almost a year now and it's still bang on to the minute, without me touching it.
I rang my dad to see if his had adjusted like mine and apparently not.
So, it's not RDS, I don't belive it's off the atomic clock signal (no little logos anywhere). It could have a perpetual calendar but it doesn't know it's in the UK so that's doubtful and this still wouldn't explain the time being spot on and why mine resets automatically when I'd just had to talk my dad through resetting his manually.

I'm confused......

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Mine has an option in the display to *synch with head unit*

It was switched to no, so swapped it to yes, turned the ignition off, switched it on again and it spun back an hour, so I'm assuming it's something to do with GPS?

mlc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 S320, 2003 SLK230, 1972 350SL
I noticed on the way home from Church that the clock is correct on my S320. I think the car does know its in the UK, isnt that a setting in command? it certianly knows to look for UK TV. It could also just be that it was sold into the UK market. Finally if it was really clever the car would know where it is via the sat nav.

Spooky isnt it.

Mark.

OP
jberks

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
sounds good, except..... I have an audio 20 head unit - so just a radio and cd, plus, it wasn't switched on yet and the clock was already correct.
All very spooky!

Alfie

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.comand.co.uk
Your Mercedes
A150 manual, smart forTwo, W205 AMG line premium plus.
Having comand in my cars, I dont need to set the clock. Its all done automagically for me!

BrianM

Reaction score
Alfie said:
Having comand in my cars, I dont need to set the clock. Its all done automagically for me!

I have Comand and I had to set it. Confusing!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
BrianM said:
I have Comand and I had to set it. Confusing!

Go to the summer time menu and it will do it automatic.

We had this with Jberks in the spring, never did get to the bottom of it, at least it works.

Malcolm

SLinKyjoe

Reaction score
my new one takes its time from the GPS signal. however you need to tell it where you are and you have a daylight saving button to press that adjusts it by an hour. it was set for central europe i found today. its now on gmt in the uk.

the main clock however needs a push on the stalk and it needs changing manually.

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
my w220 done it for me

but i had to change it my w124.

ps today was a lovely day for washing those mercs - uninterupted sunshine all day

turnipsock

Reaction score
SLinKyjoe said:
my new one takes its time from the GPS signal. however you need to tell it where you are

what? you have to tell your GPS where you are?

If you want to work out if there is a source for the time being set from some piece of kit, why not just set the time to something stupid and see if it corrects itself.

The older cars with a digital clock also had the date on the display, it's easy to calcuate when the clocks change and program this in for the next few years. +2 hours.

This should prove interesting if the goverment see sense and change us onto European time at the next switch (the first Saturday after the vernal equinox).

Tomorrow night is always fun, loads of people that haven't driven in the dark for months.

mike65

Reaction score
Website
www.futuremusiccorp.net
turnipsock said:
Tomorrow night is always fun, loads of people that haven't driven in the dark for months.

Oh please no! The usual parade of cars with no lights, side lights, fogs only, one dipped beam/one side light, one dip in correct direction/one pointing at sky, rear fogs on, etc! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Mike.

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.
turnipsock said:
Which country you're in, presumeably - so it knows the correct time zone.

Mt 2005 W203 (which has COMAND) didn't reset itself. I'm going to leave it set wrong, in a fit of pique!

Hanz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL55 AMG/03/5.4V8
Well I have to do my clock, but last night in the pub I set my new phone back an hour for the morning. I didn't realise that they now do it themselves :confused: So I ended up getting up late as my clock was two hours back.....

BarryG

Reaction score
Hanz said:
Well I have to do my clock, but last night in the pub I set my new phone back an hour for the morning. I didn't realise that they now do it themselves :confused: So I ended up getting up late as my clock was two hours back.....

You sure your not BLONDE?:p

Just as well you reminded me though lol

Barry

SLinKyjoe

Reaction score
turnipsock said:

yep. you have to set the Sat Nav. that because its has to calculate the time from a calculation. so on first use, you need to tell it where you are. of course the manufacturer does that at the factory. which is in Austria. and my dealer didnt realise it was out as the time in the normal clock isnt connected to the satnav consolen and they dont install the satnav disk. they ask you to do at home, so it registers your home as the calibration point. it just didnt know its time was 1 hour out.

was easy really. just a few buttons.

turnipsock

Reaction score
mike65 said:
Oh please no! The usual parade of cars with no lights, side lights, fogs only, one dipped beam/one side light, one dip in correct direction/one pointing at sky, rear fogs on, etc! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Mike.

I find driving with a set of night vision goggles works wonders at this time of year. Not only is it easy on your eyes but you look 'cool' ...to other night vision google drivers (and people with the option on the new S Class). It's a bit like driving with sunglasses in the summer and looking 'cool' (even though mine are 20 years old).

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
television said:
Go to the summer time menu and it will do it automatic.

We had this with Jberks in the spring, never did get to the bottom of it, at least it works.

Malcolm

I have Command inc SatNav but it didn't change automatically. And if I go into 'Settings' there is nothing for the clock. So what do I do Malcolm, please??? How do you 'go into the summer-time menu'. Is this part of settings or in Command somewhere?? And if so how to access it please. All my owners manual says is that if Command with navigation it will be done for you.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
hawk20 said:
I have Command inc SatNav but it didn't change automatically. And if I go into 'Settings' there is nothing for the clock. So what do I do Malcolm, please??? How do you 'go into the summer-time menu'. Is this part of settings or in Command somewhere?? And if so how to access it please. All my owners manual says is that if Command with navigation it will be done for you.
In my command Hawk, its the earlier version. I have I page in the settings where I can set the Summer/Winter to auto, not sure if it will auto update when the car is off the road.

Malcolm

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom