Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
BarryG said:
You sure your not BLONDE?:p

Just as well you reminded me though lol

Barry
Barry, take a look at all the photo's Hanz puts up.

Malcolm

Bobthebuilder58

Reaction score
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: I always leave my clocks in my cars unchanged and on my phone!!!!!!! it makes a good conversation piece everytime someone gets in the car........"HAVE YOU NOT SET THAT ****** CLOCK YET YOU LAZY GIT??
Bob.

BarryG

Reaction score
Bobthebuilder58 said:
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: I always leave my clocks in my cars unchanged and on my phone!!!!!!! it makes a good conversation piece everytime someone gets in the car........"HAVE YOU NOT SET THAT ****** CLOCK YET YOU LAZY GIT??
Bob.

So much to do and so little time :D

Erm? I put mine back at 5pm today or was it 6pm

littlebrooklyn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 A180d
BarryG said:
So much to do and so little time :D

Erm? I put mine back at 5pm today or was it 6pm

I've got so many clocks in the house that I usually start the day before too and it takes me ages. The only clock that never gets done on time is the one in the car and I leave that down to my other half to do, which is why it's still on BST :shock:

And yes I am blonde, but I'm not stupid :p

BarryG

Reaction score
littlebrooklyn said:
And yes I am blonde, but I'm not stupid :p

Pure generalisation on my part Lyn. She who must be obeyed is also of the blonde persausion. She too is not stupid, but does still manage to have quite a few BLONDE moments.:p

Barry

littlebrooklyn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 A180d
BarryG said:
Pure generalisation on my part Lyn. She who must be obeyed is also of the blonde persausion. She too is not stupid, but does still manage to have quite a few BLONDE moments.:p

Barry

I have to confess though that I am a bottle blonde as you can see from this ;)

yoga1.jpg

BarryG

Reaction score
littlebrooklyn said:
I have to confess though that I am a bottle blonde as you can see from this ;)

yoga1.jpg

I think she would kill me slowly and painfully if I had the nerve to say she to visits the hairdressers quite a lot. AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGG

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BarryG said:
I think she would kill me slowly and painfully if I had the nerve to say she to visits the hairdressers quite a lot. AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGG
But you are behaving like a blonde,you are the wrong way up, :Oops: or down:confused:

Malcolm

BarryG

Reaction score
television said:
But you are behaving like a blonde,you are the wrong way up, :Oops: or down:confused:

Malcolm

LMAO
Depends on perspective is the glass half full or half empty?:p

But nice perspective anyway Lyn;)

Bowruss

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E Class Estate 211 Avantgarde 2004 with sports option, Comand, etc.
Although all the posts here are interesting, I still don't see anything definitive about the clock adjusting itself automatically.

Mine - 2004 E320 CDI with Comand, did not reset itself. I turned nav on, got it to direct me home so it would know where it was but still no joy.

I went to the system softkey and set it 1 hr back from there.

Also it didn't set itself when we went to Luxembourg in September. I expected Comand to position itself when I used it (every day) but it didn't and I had to do the above manual reset and reset again when got back to UK.

Also I notice that the clock clicks over 1.5-2secs behind the radio time signal from the BBC. The same thing happens at home when I have 2 radios on - the DAB one is about 1.5-2 secs behind VHF. The merc clock is the same - 1.5-2 secs behind.

Ayone got a view on this riddle? I can't see why Comand doesn't sort this automatically - it must know where it is the moment you turn it on for satnav guidance...

What are we missing here??

Cheers to all and happy new time zone!

Russ

124coupe

Reaction score
I was about to post the same thing - mine is always a second or so behind the BBC pips so is either amazingly accurate or being reset somehow (but it didn't "do" the clock change). 2005 W211

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If the signal is coming via satelite, it is 11.500 miles one way, or 23,000 for the guy who send the signal , you can work out the delay with the speed of light at 186,000 miles an hour, and why they do not delay it,i do not know.

malcolm

M6AJJ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
v222 2014 350
Comand 2.5 in an S320, definitely updates itself. You just have to be sure to set the correct country.

Shambolic

Reaction score
My 2005 slk confused me as i went out in the morning having changed my watch the night before and the clock in the car was at the same time which made me think I hadn't changed my watch!!!!
I dont have sat nav or command or anything but it had changed itself...or merc had sent a wee man round in the night to do it for me....how thoughtful!!:D

SLinKyjoe

Reaction score
television said:
speed of light at 186,000 miles an hour, and why they do not delay it,i do not know.

malcolm

Malcolm

the speed of light is 186,000miles per second. and the GPS stallegtites are between 150 and 300miles high, knocking about in low earth orbit altho they are throwing themselves round the earth at around 17500mph as we speak.

the same system sends the signal to the BBC for them to activate the bips (even tho its automated) which is why the GPS clocks will be almost on time but the public get the time signal later as it has to retrace its steps on the public use stalegmites you see. so its going back on itself before you get the time signal.

Radio clocks take the signal from a transmitter in Germany. which means it goes through 3 UFO's then to a radio mast before you get it.

mind you, whats a second or too.

For those next in London, pop in to the Greenwich museum. Its free and has some info on how all this lot works. You need to go up to the observatory bit tho. You get to see Harrisons' H4. The clock that made Longitude work. http://www.nmm.ac.uk/server/show/conWebDoc.13496

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLinKyjoe said:
Malcolm

the speed of light is 186,000miles per second. and the GPS stallegtites are between 150 and 300miles high, knocking about in low earth orbit altho they are throwing themselves round the earth at around 17500mph as we speak.

the same system sends the signal to the BBC for them to activate the bips (even tho its automated) which is why the GPS clocks will be almost on time but the public get the time signal later as it has to retrace its steps on the public use stalegmites you see. so its going back on itself before you get the time signal.

Radio clocks take the signal from a transmitter in Germany. which means it goes through 3 UFO's then to a radio mast before you get it.

mind you, whats a second or too.

For those next in London, pop in to the Greenwich museum. Its free and has some info on how all this lot works. You need to go up to the observatory bit tho. You get to see Harrisons' H4. The clock that made Longitude work.

What the difference between friends of Hours or seconds:rolleyes:
There is also the Rugby Station that put out an auto clock, its on long wave.The german one is on medium wave, When I worked in the radio and televison stations we used one master clock built into the mainframes with slaves in all of the studio's.

Malcolm

Last edited:

SLinKyjoe

Reaction score
television said:
What the difference between friends of Hours or seconds:rolleyes:
There is also the Rugby Station that put out an auto clock, its on long wave.

Malcolm

some gobbledegook.
http://www.zyra.org.uk/speed-c.htm

and if i remember right, thats station set the timers for those who had Ecomomy 7 heating, its close to 198 on LW is the signal i think.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLinKyjoe said:
some gobbledegook.
http://www.zyra.org.uk/speed-c.htm

and if i remember right, thats station set the timers for those who had Ecomomy 7 heating, its close to 198 on LW is the signal i think.

Yes that is correct, even the German one is almost on long wave at the end of the band. those bands are used as they are hardly affected by light, the propagation is good all the year round.

malcolm

turnipsock

Reaction score
I climbed into the company vectra on Monday morning, the clock was an hour out. I started it up and the radio came on, hey presto the clock changed.

When Wogan launched the pips, the clock changed to 8am at the instant as the last pip.

RDS was off and I only have a map rather than GPS.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom