The Grand Tour - November 18th

bob 6600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Audi S8 V10, S210 E320 CDI (R.I.P.)
Hammond's doghnuts were funny the first time, maybe even the second but got a little boring after that imo.

Show was OK

Taffy7hfa

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 ML 270 CDI,2016 Hyundai1.6 CRDI i30,2014 Peugeot 308 HDI. .6 HDI.
Really wish I liked it but I don't, I can't get past Clarkson's persona,
he deserves to be punched.

Taffy7hfa

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 ML 270 CDI,2016 Hyundai1.6 CRDI i30,2014 Peugeot 308 HDI. .6 HDI.
I doubt my arms are long enough :rolleyes:

Gkinghorn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Cabriolet - 2011
Episode 3 better than 2 , doesn't say much .. Hammond was a complete dick on it I thought ... he needs to grow up ..and TBH who cares about Clarksons house? Mediocre episode I thought .. it had to improve or it won't survive...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

steve_k243

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 Sport/2016 BMW 520d (dark side for a couple of years)
Episode 3 better than 2 , doesn't say much .. Hammond was a complete dick on it I thought ... he needs to grow up ..and TBH who cares about Clarksons house? Mediocre episode I thought .. it had to improve or it won't survive...

Hammonds infantile antics, and repeating them ad nauseum may have been done as this, like TG has a global audience, some of whom are more, ahem, easily entertained than us?

Unfortunately we are all now expected to be in the vacuous club of celeb worship and therefore care about the personal lives of people, like Clarkson. Even the Torygraph online inform us everytime Benedictine Cummerbund etc etc farts or some egotistic cretin leaves "the house"
Our TV is often in "off" mode as it seems this celeb carp is everywhere.

Cynical--yes!

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Erm just watched Ep4 might be the last .... fully pointless main feature...

bob 6600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Audi S8 V10, S210 E320 CDI (R.I.P.)

I didn't mind the other 3, infact quite liked them but this just got boring?

Hopefully next one is better

Gkinghorn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Cabriolet - 2011

Yes pretty much agree John. The whole thing with killing the guests and the rubbish ideas on the main features seem childish rather than entertaining.

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Judging by most comments on here (I haven't watched any of TGT) ironically it appears that the BBC production kept a lid on idiotic behaviour and poor topics that TGT has morphed into.

The trouble with TV sensationalism is that to feed it you end up blowing up the world sad really as there is a void in TV to be filled with a good car programme.

I'm sure Clarkson et al will reflect on series 1 and adjust accordingly to bring it down to earth otherwise I see no future for it but then again the King's clothes analogy may just dictate otherwise

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Judging by most comments on here (I haven't watched any of TGT) ironically it appears that the BBC production kept a lid on idiotic behaviour and poor topics that TGT has morphed into.

The trouble with TV sensationalism is that to feed it you end up blowing up the world sad really as there is a void in TV to be filled with a good car programme.

I'm sure Clarkson et al will reflect on series 1 and adjust accordingly to bring it down to earth otherwise I see no future for it but then again the King's clothes analogy may just dictate otherwise

Just remember the old new TG got two (very expensive) pilots that were never, ever screened or aired before launching into Season 1... and that Season 1 wasn't exactly stellar either.

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Just remember the old new TG got two (very expensive) pilots that were never, ever screened or aired before launching into Season 1... and that Season 1 wasn't exactly stellar either.

Agreed Craig but that's no excuse in this case the four of them including Wilman have more than enough experience between them to hit the ground running with this series viewers want entertainment egoes don't provide that hard work and unique ideas do

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Agreed Malcolm
There is a real danger these three will go the way of Jonathan Ross and Russel Brand believing their own hype makes them invincible to criticism or worse that they are even producing drivel....ah well

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Grand Tour 'most illegally downloaded TV programme in history'

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-...gally-downloaded-tv-programme-jeremy-clarkson

Clearly those looking for a "high brow" motoring programme are in the minority, it is as its always been a light hearted show based around motoring.

The three stooges have clearly shown they have a chemistry upon which the the shows success is based.

Its pop instead of classical and I find it as easy to turn off as all the other content that enters my house that I may not like.

400ixl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E250 AMG Sport Convertible
Also shows that whilst curiosity was high, the numbers drop significantly episode on episode.

Also, the repetitive illegal statement is not true. Unless in Europe you actually store it rather than just stream it from an online source then the consumer is doing nothing illegal as the law stands today. The person who put the content online has broken the law, those streaming it through the likes of Kodi add-ons or online are not.

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Watched 3 episodes recently. Hammond looks like a cheap budget film version of a small time drug dealer with big ideas...That facial fuzz just has to go, he would be much better just sticking on a paper cut out beard...
One or 2 laughs, like Clarkson stuck in the window and his enemies molesting him.
But other than that not worth pauing money to see.
May as usual is quite good, but his set up to manufacture bricks to build a car must have said to him this is in no way funny. Even Dumb and Dumber couldn't have pulled this banal idea off.
Still, looking forward to Episode 4, just to see what it throws up.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Like most comedy shows some are better than others.

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand
Well I've just watched ep 1 and it confirmed what I'd assumed, if you liked them on tg you'll like this.

Well in the last few series I didn't, and I don't like this.

Meh.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom