Virgin Merc Owner.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK230 Kompressor 2002 2295cc
Wow guys, this is really good stuff.
So, tomorrow I'm going to put her on the ramps and take good gander underneath her to see what is happening and what is the rectifier is. I shall be checking everything I can find around that area. Including K40, its condition and its contacts. See what happens and get back to you tomorrow evening.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Wow guys, this is really good stuff.
So, tomorrow I'm going to put her on the ramps and take good gander underneath her to see what is happening and what is the rectifier is. I shall be checking everything I can find around that area. Including K40, its condition and its contacts. See what happens and get back to you tomorrow evening.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks guys. It really is prompting the brain cells into gear and comprehend everything said. Thank you.

Tomorrow shall be getting her on the ramps and checking from gearbox to K40/38. I'll check in with you all tomorrow evening and let you know of my findings. May include a picture or 2. Thank you.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Thanks guys. It really is prompting the brain cells into gear and comprehend everything said. Thank you.

Tomorrow shall be getting her on the ramps and checking from gearbox to K40/38. I'll check in with you all tomorrow evening and let you know of my findings. May include a picture or 2. Thank you.
If you can sort all this you can stop calling yourself a "virgin" :D

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If you can sort all this you can stop calling yourself a "virgin" :D
Well, I can safely say I have fixed this issue.
After much poking around and checking, it turned out to be a combination of a sticking starter solenoid and a faulty switch. Now she runs every time I go out to start .I did fit a push button starting switch and it looks good. The button itself is now located next to the shifter. I tried to find a shifter with the button on the knob, but was a bit over priced. All in all, she runs good and strong. The only part in my life reliable.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Well, I can safely say I have fixed this issue.
After much poking around and checking, it turned out to be a combination of a sticking starter solenoid and a faulty switch. Now she runs every time I go out to start .I did fit a push button starting switch and it looks good. The button itself is now located next to the shifter. I tried to find a shifter with the button on the knob, but was a bit over priced. All in all, she runs good and strong. The only part in my life reliable.
Excellent work , well done !

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thank you. No longer a virgin. Hehehe.
My next task is to fit an android double din unit inside. Just reading some interesting threads.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mercedes

Thank you. No longer a virgin. Hehehe.
My next task is to fit an android double din unit inside. Just reading some interesting threads.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Hi Adam, welcome to the forum and the MB experience :)

sonic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI, SLC250d, FJR 1300
Welcome you have a great car there, one of the best MB made.
There is another thread on CLK's on this page.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom