W208 CLK AMG 2001 prices

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
its an AMG so ANY DOUBTS WHATSOEVER, then IMO its best to walk away, especially if the price was nearing the top end of the price range suggested

SJMaxwell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 SL63
Best walk away unless you can subject it to a local indie with STAR to check it over

Sent using Tapatalk

OP
M

Merc125

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Silver Arrow Sl R129 V8 5L, W208 AMG 55, Mazda MXV6 with 3L engine fitted,
Thanks
That throttle business had me £££ thinking + incorrect mileage + rusty front wings (£800 to put right properly) + No History at all = :confused::roll:

Will wait for the right one

E30 sold to first viewer allowed to come, 2500 views, 96 watchers, 30+offers, several for full asking price
Don't think CLK AMG I viewed had anything like that sort of interest, therefore I can afford to be, selective, thorough, clinical, careful in finding one
Welcome any help out there in my quest for the Holy Grail

SteveX

Reaction score
Seems W208's like to do that, sounds like a TPS failure rather than limp home unless the engine light came on? Did it light up on the dash before the restart? A quick read on STAR should show up if it is a TPS or other faulty sensor.

Mine cost around £70 I think and took about 45 min to fit. But of course, if it did go into limp home mode it could be anything from gearbox to engine.

Sounds to me though like there are too many ?? on that car, incorrect mileage, paint, rust, running issues, not liking the sound of it myself.

Glad the E30 sold and hopefully to a good home.

OP
M

Merc125

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi Steve, thanks for advice
Sad/glad to see E 30 go (hope that does not sound silly)

Walked away from AMG, owner sold it for £5.4k according to flea bay (but several owners placed and retracted bids prior to that so who knows) if he did achieve that money its amazing must have kept quiet about mileage, v naughty as listed it with 57k on clock knowing full well it had covered more than that.
When driving it no lights came up (conversant with E Call and other CLk set up) that's what rang alarm bells but was passing after helping my pal drop his GT40 off for work on South coast so it satisfied my conscience.

I must be a big kid as i was very impressed with the rear blind set up very swish i thought

SteveX

Reaction score
Hi Steve, thanks for advice
Sad/glad to see E 30 go (hope that does not sound silly)

Walked away from AMG, owner sold it for £5.4k according to flea bay (but several owners placed and retracted bids prior to that so who knows) if he did achieve that money its amazing must have kept quiet about mileage, v naughty as listed it with 57k on clock knowing full well it had covered more than that.
When driving it no lights came up (conversant with E Call and other CLk set up) that's what rang alarm bells but was passing after helping my pal drop his GT40 off for work on South coast so it satisfied my conscience.

I must be a big kid as i was very impressed with the rear blind set up very swish i thought

It was probably a pedal value sensor but I still think you were right to walk, go with your initial gut feeling and if too many things do not add up just walk away.

It sounds like you aren't in a rush so just take your time and you should find the right one :)

OP
M

Merc125

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Well, change of direction from AMG CLK,

Have just bought a Silver Arrow SL, today, it is a lovely car and the panoramic roof makes grey days look good, this is a car I will cherish, it needs a little interior/exterior cosmetic fettling but that is something I will enjoy.

So now unfortunately my CLK 4.3 V8 convertible has to go to make space in the garage, if anyone interested please get in touch. :grin:

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Lovely car, do get some pictures up! Do get that CLK up on Autotrader and on here, im sure you will shift it quickly.

OP
M

Merc125

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Will do, my CLK had only ever had two previous owners in A1 condition (inside and out) everything works and has Command and built in phone.

It may sound silly but some people enjoy fine wine, some people enjoy paintings, I enjoy the design of cars, for me they are art in motion.

The Sl Silver Shadow next to my Clk W208, BMW E30 MTec, and W210 Avantgarde make quite a stable.

Sadly the E 30 is collected tomorrow and I will have to reluctantly sell my lovely CLK as my wife says you can only drive one car at a time :eek:

I will be using the Forum for advice on the SL as in my experiences it is best to consult before diving head long, the car is very good but the previous owner was a non petrol head and I am a bit of a stickler re cars and originality plus this was a £95k car. It is number 55 of 100 and have found one or two posts on here that a former owner has posted.
Anyway will put pics up of both soon and draft my advert for the CLK

SteveX

Reaction score
Congrats on finding a nice car :)

Is it s 500 or 600?

Either way lovely motor.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom