What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Washed the E Class the other day, not had chance to use it since really.

Just looked at it now and, whilst it's under a car port, it's still covered in snow so it's not going anywhere. Four wheel drive or not...
Just 100 miles south and no snow at all :(

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Not too bad here now but we had a good 3 - 4 inches this afternoon.

Hopefully it will carry on thawing out tonight but if it freezes again it should be amusing in the morning...

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Has been snowing here in south Hampshire. Must have been all of a quarter of an inch on the dustbin when I went outside just now but not settled yet on the paths or roads!

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Not too bad here now but we had a good 3 - 4 inches this afternoon.

Hopefully it will carry on thawing out tonight but if it freezes again it should be amusing in the morning...
Airport bound at 5.30 am so hope not ! (That said I’m not driving!)

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
I’ve just been up your way and back, through all of the clan. M62, ugh. People with DRLs only, no lights even. Retards. Anyway. 28 mpg across the day.

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
People with DRLs only, no lights even. Retards.

Totally agree Craig, the amount of numpties driving with just front DRL's on.
I followed (at a safe distance) a twat in a Black Seat Altea the other morning just after 6 a.m. and it's still bl**dy dark, not even dawn still dark, and said tit only has front DRL's on, Jeezus! the things you see when there are no cops about. :mad::mad::mad:

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
It's now snowing in my neck of the woods and I've had my first drive in my Merc with the snow tyres fitted. (Had to collect my lad from work).
Wow! what a difference, a great investment, the car felt great, planted, no issues! :cool: :D:D

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2013 C350 CDI Pan roof
It's now snowing in my neck of the woods and I've had my first drive in my Merc with the snow tyres fitted. (Had to collect my lad from work).
Wow! what a difference, a great investment, the car felt great, planted, no issues! :cool: :D:D
What snow tyres do you have fitted?

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
I’ve just been up your way and back, through all of the clan. M62, ugh. People with DRLs only, no lights even. Retards. Anyway. 28 mpg across the day.

I think the main reason for this is that the dash illuminates upon ignition, therefore said numpties assume that their lights are on, especially as a lot of DRLs are bright enough to look like headlamps from inside the car. I'm convinced that it would be safer to either not switch the dash lights on, or to put the rear lights on with ignition as well as the fronts.

Oh, and it's thick snow again here this morning, hopefully John got to the airport on time. I got my newspaper which is all I'm concerned about this morning as I'm working from home.
<smug mode>Went for paper in the Lexus which is fitted with Michelin Latitude Alpin LA2s.</smug mode>

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.

Just a dusting of snow here Jim, not too upset with that (Smiley emoji)

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Just a dusting

Snow.jpg

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Totally agree Craig, the amount of numpties driving with just front DRL's on.
I followed (at a safe distance) a twat in a Black Seat Altea the other morning just after 6 a.m. and it's still bl**dy dark, not even dawn still dark, and said tit only has front DRL's on, Jeezus! the things you see when there are no cops about. :mad::mad::mad:

The problem is they have their dash illumination on so forget.

IMO all cars should have auto lights by law to stop this, it is a massive problem

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
Washed the E Class the other day, not had chance to use it since really.

Just looked at it now and, whilst it's under a car port, it's still covered in snow so it's not going anywhere. Four wheel drive or not...
Time for a new carport roof?

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
What's up with emojis? They've stop working for me.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
What's up with emojis? They've stop working for me.

They have for pretty much everybody, admin are working on it with not much effect so far

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom