What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Damn it! I've been avoiding the dash cam route (can be a double edged sword I guess?) but now I'm thinking...
That's dreadful Craig, but a good result on the diamond cut- last ones I had done were 120 a corner (stupid school parking on previous 212)

The irony is that until last year (I just found out from a world colleague!) the chap was charging £50 a corner. Every silver lining and all that..,!

It's a 3 day repair process so the 215 will be out of action next week. What a shame, I was really enjoying it.

Yes John, it happens I know. That particular bend actually gives me nightmares every now and then, it's very unpleasant. It's a sharp 90, with 6 foot drainage ditches on either side and a four foot brick wall and farmhouse driveway directly on the outside "elbow". High hedges either side, fairly narrow road too. And of course the road is a 60mph limit. That's the first time I've met an oncoming 18 wheeler there though.

Last edited:

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
So, dashcam suggestions are very welcome please. I'll use the 215 as a guinea pig for the 211, I think I'd like front and rear cams for both.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
So, dashcam suggestions are very welcome please. I'll use the 215 as a guinea pig for the 211, I think I'd like front and rear cams for both.

The guy who fitted my Ghost stopped doing dash cams, as it was a saturated market as far as he was concerned- his advice- 'Halfrauds' they certainly do enough. I heard the Nextbase ones are ok, it looks like you pays your money, set your budget or whatever other cliche....

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Been looking at Dash Witness and the Black Vuevrange. Does anyone have experience of either?

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)

I rećently fitted a Nextbase 412GW £129 from Halfords but I fitted it myself to make sure it was done properly! I went with Nextbase for two reasons 1) it has a Which Best Buy award and 2) the guys at Comandonline offer Nextbase if they fit them which seemed a good reason.

Early days but happy with it so far. Hope I will never actually need it!

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
Sorry to hear this Craig really feel for you.
Easy to trace the lorry and driver, just need time and day plus lorry logo's and location if you didn't get a chance to id the plate. It will be Digi Carded so can be tracked or even fitted with a camera?
We have Camera's on all our lorries and they are no bigger than a standard phone mic attached to the centre upper most of the screen. So no reason these can't be placed anywhere on the front, rear or side windows, certainly very discreet.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sorry to hear this Craig really feel for you.
Easy to trace the lorry and driver, just need time and day plus lorry logo's and location if you didn't get a chance to id the plate. It will be Digi Carded so can be tracked or even fitted with a camera?
We have Camera's on all our lorries and they are no bigger than a standard phone mic attached to the centre upper most of the screen. So no reason these can't be placed anywhere on the front, rear or side windows, certainly very discreet.

It's ok, thank you. These things do happen, it's a ****** horrid road like I said but that wagon driver was certainly hoofing it around the corner. He didn't stop needless to say and I didn't have time to note his details down. It was dark green, that's all I saw.

Next time I'll have HD recordings of the ****!!

dry run

Reaction score
Website
kb-boatpark.co.uk
Your Mercedes
CLS 350d AMG LIne Premium Plus
Just received and fitted rear lip spoiler to the boot. First thing I have ever bought off e-bay!?!

Amazingly it arrived promptly, was the correct item, was good quality, colour matched perfectly and fitting was easy. £77 well spent :)

Pics here

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)

Ask C350Carl, he has them in his E

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Just received and fitted rear lip spoiler to the boot. First thing I have ever bought off e-bay!?!

Amazingly it arrived promptly, was the correct item, was good quality, colour matched perfectly and fitting was easy. £77 well spent :)

Pics here

Looks great! Did you use the VHB tape they supplied with it or something else?

Mark Q

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R 230 SL 500 2004 & Nissan Navara, Jag F-Pace, BMW Z4
We Have the two Nextbase 312GW hard wired into 3 cars - I swap mine from one car to another. Front facing only but does what it says on the tin, interesting watching sometimes. I also noticed yesterday that Dixons in Dublin airport are selling it for £59 + some non £ transaction fee if your going through there in next few weeks, fair bit cheaper than Halfrauds, didn't look for hardwire kit there.

Not so easy to hardwire into the R230 as I can't get a ignition switched fuse inside the cockpit, and can't find way through to boot or bonnet without lots of upset - it did hit me though after 8 months of half heartedly trying that I have a Viseeo MB4 which gives out a mini usb output, with adaptor, so I bought a 5m USB cable and done a nice tidy job of it. Can't believe all the gubbins under the centre rear armrest just to open the armrests.

Some woman drove into rear of my wife's car last week whilst parked and first thing insurance company asked - 'Have you got a dashcam?' - er yes but its front facing, the woman came clean so no drama, I keep meaning to download it and see if came on, and she walks round to front of car.

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Sorted the leaking injector seal after my bits arrived.

Did it in 15 minutes flat, including grinding down the old bolt to clean the injector thread. Not bad!

Pullman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1981 500SL_1999 500SL_(2002 CL600 sold) 2003 500SL
Nextbase 402G

We Have the two Nextbase 312GW hard wired into 3 cars - I swap mine from one car to another. Front facing only but does what it says on the tin, interesting watching sometimes. I also noticed yesterday that Dixons in Dublin airport are selling it for £59 + some non £ transaction fee if your going through there in next few weeks, fair bit cheaper than Halfrauds, didn't look for hardwire kit there.

Not so easy to hardwire into the R230 as I can't get a ignition switched fuse inside the cockpit, and can't find way through to boot or bonnet without lots of upset - it did hit me though after 8 months of half heartedly trying that I have a Viseeo MB4 which gives out a mini usb output, with adaptor, so I bought a 5m USB cable and done a nice tidy job of it. Can't believe all the gubbins under the centre rear armrest just to open the armrests.

Some woman drove into rear of my wife's car last week whilst parked and first thing insurance company asked - 'Have you got a dashcam?' - er yes but its front facing, the woman came clean so no drama, I keep meaning to download it and see if came on, and she walks round to front of car.

Yes I settled for a Nextbase 402G. Recommended by Which. Interesting with your comment re: insurance company question " Have you got dashcam?" . especially when they ask has the car been modified? . Ah sorry sir you are not insured... you failed to tell us it had a dashcam fitted!!!!!? :D:D:D

Pullman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1981 500SL_1999 500SL_(2002 CL600 sold) 2003 500SL
Ebay seller?

Just received and fitted rear lip spoiler to the boot. First thing I have ever bought off e-bay!?

Seems like you would recommend the seller. Can you give me their name so I can take a look?

regards, dave

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Just received and fitted rear lip spoiler to the boot. First thing I have ever bought off e-bay!?

Seems like you would recommend the seller. Can you give me their name so I can take a look?

regards, dave

If its the same one I used its Oem.thing from Taiwan, they come boxed in an 'Ikon motorsports' box

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom