What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Gkinghorn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Cabriolet - 2011
Got a response from MB on the issue - Seems I need a new 'Floor Shift' for it....

MB quoting around £900 with a 5-day leadtime on it.... just in time for holidays ....

What exactly is the "floor shift"? I googled it but am none the wiser really.

I think my nearest decent Indie is about 30-40 miles away but might give them a call and see what sort of price they might want to do it for...

Looks like I am driving wifes Audi A3 (yuk) for the next week!

jibcl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500,ML55,SLK280
Washed 3 mercedes today all with the pressure washer!!!!!

jib

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Got a response from MB on the issue - Seems I need a new 'Floor Shift' for it....

MB quoting around £900 with a 5-day leadtime on it.... just in time for holidays ....

What exactly is the "floor shift"? I googled it but am none the wiser really.

I think my nearest decent Indie is about 30-40 miles away but might give them a call and see what sort of price they might want to do it for...

Looks like I am driving wifes Audi A3 (yuk) for the next week!

I put up a link last night where the part cost £100

Gkinghorn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Cabriolet - 2011
wrong place to discuss i guess but i assumed that was something different - solely due to them saying Floor Shift!

You can tell I am no mechanic....I think I would be challenged to do this one myself otherwise i would.... some things I will have a go at others less so...

C'est la vie now .... good thing is it isnt mechanical in terms of engine etc so once fixed its fixed and getd warranty'd for 2 years....

In a weeks time it will be a thing of the past...perhaps the sun will be shining then after this week of grey clouds which is about to descend upon us..

;)

Last edited:

huey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 cdi 2004 Estate
Today with thanks to Television for the information, and Colin at MBS for the advice, i put a new tensioner pulley on,:) it took me 30 mins, MB dealer quoted 1.5 hours labour! something is still clicking tho i'm pretty sure its coming from the alternator never mind:(

Mcobinad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 Designo Black paint, R500 W251, CL600 W216
Well, i cleaned the exterior of the car this morning as i did not have the strenght to clean the inside. Took her to the station to fill her up. Total cost £120 and let's hope it lasts for 10 days. I hope i don't see another Maserati Quattroporte GT V8 this week. If i do, unfortunately i would be going back to BP station for a refill :rolleyes:

jpbp200

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220CDI BlueEFF SE Premium Estate/Auto/2015/Diesel
Taken delivery of it!!!

Neil H

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Current: RRS Autobiography/F-Type R V8 AWD Previous: CLS 400 W218 / CLS 350 CDI W218 / ML350 W164
Ive washed the CLS, treated the windscreen with a water-repellant coating which means no wipers on the motorway, treated the alloys with auto-glym protector and waxed it with Auto-glym HD which was a total ball ache but given the result, was worth it!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Neil take care with that stuff on the windscreen, at can atomize the water droplets making them to fine for the auto wipers to function correctly

47p2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W638, W140, W220, W639 All gone but not forgotten
...and waxed it with Auto-glym HD which was a total ball ache...!

Did you apply it with the sponge supplied?
Did you ensure the sponge was moist?
Did you apply too much product or even leave it on too long, or was the weather too warm?

I have used HD many times and it is one of the easiest waxes I have come across

Neil H

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Current: RRS Autobiography/F-Type R V8 AWD Previous: CLS 400 W218 / CLS 350 CDI W218 / ML350 W164
Did you apply it with the sponge supplied?
Did you ensure the sponge was moist?
Did you apply too much product or even leave it on too long, or was the weather too warm?

I have used HD many times and it is one of the easiest waxes I have come across

Sorry, I did all of the above and the product was very good indeed. The ball ache came from the sporadic rain!! I had a silver car last time round so didnt bother with wax much, a black car needs it though!

Neil H

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Neil take care with that stuff on the windscreen, at can atomize the water droplets making them to fine for the auto wipers to function correctly

Thanks for the tip Malc, I treated the wifes screen in November and its been OK so far but will watch out for that effect.

I've used this same product for the last 4 years and its been brilliant, especially at high speed 70+when you really need it on the motorway. A police car stopped me on the M6 north in my SAAB as he thought that my wipers were malfunctioning and it was dangerous in very heavy rain. I pointed out I could see more clearly than him with this treatment, it was very effective indeed, the worse the conditions, the better the effect!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I am making life easier for the MB's by cleaning out the V70R to get it ready for selling, 12 years of odds and ends :confused: but I got there, wheels off over the weekend to get them re done and away it will go

Neil H

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I am making life easier for the MB's by cleaning out the V70R to get it ready for selling, 12 years of odds and ends :confused: but I got there, wheels off over the weekend to get them re done and away it will go

Malc,
I had a V40 T4 but always hankered after a V70R. What a machine! Someone will get the deal of a century picking up an old motor of yours!
My T4 was stolen, chased by police at 150+ and when recovered required a valet and major service tomcome back to great condition. It had been used for two weeks to outrun police patrol cars and act as a getaway car. I was gutted that she'd been abused, but in my darker moments wondered what it would have been like to really open it up to the stops!

peterwhayward

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E240 classic est 2000 2.4
Took it out and showed it a CLS, just to keep it on its toes!!!!!!.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Malc,
I had a V40 T4 but always hankered after a V70R. What a machine! Someone will get the deal of a century picking up an old motor of yours!
My T4 was stolen, chased by police at 150+ and when recovered required a valet and major service tomcome back to great condition. It had been used for two weeks to outrun police patrol cars and act as a getaway car. I was gutted that she'd been abused, but in my darker moments wondered what it would have been like to really open it up to the stops!
What a shame :(
Its been a good car Neil, 80 k miles, just a new MAF and a ABS pump, £50 from a breaker, all the toys and extras, I have done the servicing from 15k miles, not much value now at around £2k, it was as fast as my SL500 :D

Neil H

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
What a shame :(
Its been a good car Neil, 80 k miles, just a new MAF and a ABS pump, £50 from a breaker, all the toys and extras, I have done the servicing from 15k miles, not much value now at around £2k, it was as fast as my SL500 :D

Immense at 50-80 I seem to recall. My dealer tried to convince me to take one and the test drive scared the bejesus out if me!

I assume that given some of your posts you wife had some mobility issues? Did she fayre well with the R?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Immense at 50-80 I seem to recall. My dealer tried to convince me to take one and the test drive scared the bejesus out if me!

I assume that given some of your posts you wife had some mobility issues? Did she fayre well with the R?

When she was OK she always complained that the ride was too hard, since her memory problems she has never said a word in it, the old CL is so silky smooth she like that and the new CL is even smoother, do I really want 3 cars, its not the money as the standing cost are only £500 per year.

Top Bottom