What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
I’m eyeing up the ribeye Alex!
Pork steaks look very nice too!
We just had Aberdeen Angus Sirloin off the barby from Aldi- stunning!
Halloumi fries, Croquettes, salad, sweet Pepper BBQ’d, Carmelised onion and Parsley & Chilli Brushetta all by my own hand and pressty nice if I do say so....washed down with Cab Sauvignon, all good

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
I have had a small Saltire and Lion Rampant sticker on almost every car I have owned since.... forever really, I as usual, put them on my Coupe too, when I got it but, they somehow just didn't gel on the Merc, it was more habit than anything I suppose and the effort to make mine stand out a bit from the rest.

A couple of friends happened to comment that they detracted from the quality and class look of the car (of which I was aware), so, today I removed them and polished the site they were removed from.

I suddenly feel much better about the car :geek: and the more I thought about it, I think I've only seen two other E350 Coupes running around this area in the couple of months I've had mine, each with out of area number plates on them. o_O

I've seen plenty of E220 and even E250 Coupe's.

So, who am I trying to kid? The rest of who(m), lol. :D

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Love the car, hate strawberry picking.o_O
It’s all done in poly tunnels at waist/ chest height now. No muck and much easier than it used to be!

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Pork steaks look very nice too!
We just had Aberdeen Angus Sirloin off the barby from Aldi- stunning!
Halloumi fries, Croquettes, salad, sweet Pepper BBQ’d, Carmelised onion and Parsley & Chilli Brushetta all by my own hand and pressty nice if I do say so....washed down with Cab Sauvignon, all good
Chicken thigh steaks boneless, shared between kids and cats. The steak was lovely (and I agree on Aldi meat btw) and jeeeeez that Kopparberg went down well. I had three over dinner, one might think I’ve something to be happy about!

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Took the little red car for a run out today, ending up at a Classic Car Show up in Burnley. To be honest I wasn't expecting much and didn't bother entering the car, especially with the French GP being on along with some football game or other.

I was absolutely amazed when I got there, particularly with the size of the venue and efficiency of the stewards. The place is absolutely vast, with parking for thousands of non-participating cars and potentially hundreds of entrants. I'd hazard a guess that there were around a couple of hundred there today, from average daily drivers to immaculate examples of many different marques. I was pointed in the right direction by one of many yellow vested officials and, as there were several lanes on entry, the hold up was minimal, unlike many shows I've attended over the years. No pictures unfortunately as I left my phone at home. :(

I think I may look into this for next year and, if there's enough interest, may enquire about having our own pitch there, hopefully far enough away from the dog obedience trials which were taking place. :)

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Chicken thigh steaks boneless, shared between kids and cats. The steak was lovely (and I agree on Aldi meat btw) and jeeeeez that Kopparberg went down well. I had three over dinner, one might think I’ve something to be happy about!
Something afoot chap?

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Took the little red car for a run out today, ending up at a Classic Car Show up in Burnley. To be honest I wasn't expecting much and didn't bother entering the car, especially with the French GP being on along with some football game or other.

I was absolutely amazed when I got there, particularly with the size of the venue and efficiency of the stewards. The place is absolutely vast, with parking for thousands of non-participating cars and potentially hundreds of entrants. I'd hazard a guess that there were around a couple of hundred there today, from average daily drivers to immaculate examples of many different marques. I was pointed in the right direction by one of many yellow vested officials and, as there were several lanes on entry, the hold up was minimal, unlike many shows I've attended over the years. No pictures unfortunately as I left my phone at home. :(

I think I may look into this for next year and, if there's enough interest, may enquire about having our own pitch there, hopefully far enough away from the dog obedience trials which were taking place. :)
Sounds like a plan - not far for me to travel for a change!

Tony MB

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Benz CLK 240 Elegance 2003 V6 petrol

That could be fun
It would nice to have a venue up Norf for us

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The obvious one or the other one he was after? ;)
Neither... well, let’s just say there have been some new potentials raised that are being pursued. Very interesting indeed.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

Sounds just like Duxford then Dave!!

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Neither... well, let’s just say there have been some new potentials raised that are being pursued. Very interesting indeed.
Intriguing ...hope it all goes to plan then, you may have give me a clue

Oldspanners

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C CLASS 2004 C180
Here we go again. Just tidied up the surround to the gear stick as it had a clip broken since I got the car and found the missing piece when I was fixing the heater flap/stepper motor. Car washed and vacuumed and ready for summer.
No chance! Started and MIL appears P0136 after cat O2 sensor, I had just done six very short journeys but I think (hope) it relates to the oil leak I had several months back from the oil filter which dumped several litres of oil over the top of the connector which I cleaned up.
Anyhow took both O2 sensor plugs apart and cleaned them with contact cleaner although they didn't seem oily inside and gave the after cat one a clean at the sensor end as well as I've read they have a hole there to allow air in for comparison.
Reset and now have to wait for a few days to drive to see it resets all the controllers. Not hopeful.
Someone said you should always leave one problem to fix otherwise one will appear, just didn't expect it to be so quick!

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Washed it in sunlight which was too direct - schoolboy error thought I was fast enough!
Meguairs on the leather so all good ...

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom