What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
Windscreen hopefully won't affect your premium, if it doesn't get it done, if your owt like me, it'll would bug the hell out of me. Like you say though, total @rsehole, and you pay the price.

Unfortunately, yes to effecting your premiums :(
Some of the repairs are so good now that they are invisible. The lorries are always getting chips and the repairs I have noticed once done I can not see any difference ;) If the repair is not satisfactory for you then you can claim a new (expensive) claim :eek:
Oh, and all the insurers are linked. However if you google cheap insurance on internet you always get the cheapest quotes first. £244 up to £12,392 for an insurer you've never heard of. These ones may not be linked to your 'Big Brother' details so you can not say anything, but they have you by the ball....short and curlys :confused:

Yesterday VW golf GTI in front of me was so intent racing a Mustang on outside lane he nearly missed his turning off, shot across 3x lanes at around 70 - 80mph and across the dirt at the entrance to the slip road throwing up a shower of stones, one of which hit the bottom left of my windscreen causing a small spider Web shatter 2-3 cm.

Always the innocent that get hurt by the wreckless idiots, now wondering whether to go for £20 repair and live with the ugly spot or claim for a new windscreen (£900) with £190 deductible on insurance. My main worry is if this will need to be declared as a claim on renewal and effect my premium after 40 years trouble free motoring....

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

I see this all the time driving the lorries, and 90% of the cars are VW's Golfs.

90% of the drivers are of that age group with penis' for brains :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Monkey Wrench

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I Fancied a CLK, bought an SL350
Yesterday VW golf GTI in front of me was so intent racing a Mustang on outside lane he nearly missed his turning off, shot across 3x lanes at around 70 - 80mph and across the dirt at the entrance to the slip road throwing up a shower of stones, one of which hit the bottom left of my windscreen causing a small spider Web shatter 2-3 cm.

Always the innocent that get hurt by the wreckless idiots, now wondering whether to go for £20 repair and live with the ugly spot or claim for a new windscreen (£900) with £190 deductible on insurance. My main worry is if this will need to be declared as a claim on renewal and effect my premium after 40 years trouble free motoring....

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
Sorry to hear this, in my experience, chips etc can be almost invisible if done properly and promptly, repair before dirt gets in the cracks. DIY'd' my 2001Toyota and happy I didn't let insurance in on it.

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Rotary polish with 3m and seal up with some collinite

1684697868258.jpeg

1684697955013.jpeg

Got rid of those pesky scratch marks, did some compounding on a few particularly bad ones.

Wheels for next time.

and away to thwart the seagulls.

1684698002902.jpeg

Slartibardfast1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S350L, R231 SL350 & SL400

Monkey Wrench

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I Fancied a CLK, bought an SL350

s5tuart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 R230 SL350
Nice job on the polishing, I'm looking for a car cover. Can you recommend anything, yours looks like it won't harm the finish if it flapped about in the wind, as did one I once used...
I’ve just got in touch with Cover Systems Limited to see if they can supply a lightweight outdoor cover for my SL and will post the results here.
I used to use them for my Lotus and TVR covers and the fit was superb

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Nice job on the polishing, I'm looking for a car cover. Can you recommend anything, yours looks like it won't harm the finish if it flapped about in the wind, as did one I once used...
Classic Additions Ultimate car cover, they are great, and are strapped underneath.

Paul Garrett

Reaction score
Not doing much to my old bestie at the moment, put the battery on trickle charge now as I'm hardly using it due to a other operation on my right knee, ( total new replacment) so prob be out of action for a good 3 months? ...oh and the pesky airbag SRS light came on so when I'm back behind the wheel I'm gonna have to get that sorted! John Haynes in Worthing will do that for me. ...oh happy days! Lol!!

MissyD

Reaction score
Website
www.depop.com
Your Mercedes
E200 1993, E300 Coupe 2019
Neighbour crashed into my wall again!!! Narrowly missing the front of my car, she said luckily it didn't hit it. I thought, lucky for you it didn't. I had actually parked it slightly further over than I usually do (not intentionally) so it was lucky.

IMG-20230523-WA0003.jpg

PaulG

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E-Class W211 E240 Elegance
Neighbour crashed into my wall again!!! Narrowly missing the front of my car, she said luckily it didn't hit it. I thought, lucky for you it didn't. I had actually parked it slightly further over than I usually do (not intentionally) so it was lucky.

View attachment 84164
That was too close for comfort. Good to see that it missed but your neighbour needs to be more careful in future, especially as this was not the first time.

Top Bottom