What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Snake Charmer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S211 E320 CDI 2004
Lots of Barry boy Calibra’s and Hondas too
emoji1787.png
I have not seen a Calibra in a long while, probably rarer than the 720!

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
New tyres on the S class today.

A massive transformation, rather unusually, the steering is significantly lighter at lower speeds!

And fitted the ambient temp sensor back into the bumper. That has been bugging me for a while.

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
New tyres on the S class today.

A massive transformation, rather unusually, the steering is significantly lighter at lower speeds!

And fitted the ambient temp sensor back into the bumper. That has been bugging me for a while.
What was your rubber of choice, Alex?

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
What was your rubber of choice, Alex?
Michelin PS4/PS5.

I Ummed and ahhed on something more midrange and big saloon car suitable but thought stuff it.

They are a smidge louder than the old tyres, but excell in all other areas.

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
Really need to start
Michelin PS4/PS5.

I Ummed and ahhed on something more midrange and big saloon car suitable but thought stuff it.

They are a smidge louder than the old tyres, but excell in all other areas.
I really need to start making moves towards replacing my rear tyres in the next couple of weeks. The Supersports are really not great... Goodyear or Dunlop likely candidates.

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Really need to start
I really need to start making moves towards replacing my rear tyres in the next couple of weeks. The Supersports are really not great... Goodyear or Dunlop likely candidates.
Don't rule out continentals. They are usually very good.

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
Don't rule out continentals. They are usually very good.
Had them on my 63 when I got it (they were 3s back then), got on okay with them. Heard rumblings they can get a bit harsh in second half of their useful life though...?

I'd be sorely tempted to return to Rainsport 5 but they don't do them in the size for my rear tyres, sadly.

c15htn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'00 A208 CLK320 Convertible.
Today I have mainly realised that the sump plug on the E220cdi has been glued/ welded/ nailed in and the car hasn't had an Oil Service reset for 8k miles (which is about 4 years !!!!!)
So, out with the Suction Pump.... dipstick tube, pipe, pump away...... 6.5l out.... no undertray shenanigans and more importantly no more broken ratchets or stretched sockets
In other news, the oil filter housing was
a. Broken internally and half was wedged in the filter.
b. Missing some of its middle
I've reassembled it best I can without any loose bits floating about and ordered a new one - hopefully we'll be okay until weds when it arrives

c15htn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'00 A208 CLK320 Convertible.
Oh!!!! Forgot to say.... son in laws '17 C200d Renault, which the world generally says is a good ish motor stopped boosting and started smoking last week..... no errors, no eml just a little whistle on Wednesday and no power whatsoever and smoke after idling by Saturday!

£2k worth of warranty turbo later we're back in the game - not overly impressive for a 65k mile car at 6 years old!
I'm hoping lack of wind down before switch off etc is what's killed it.
I've told him 5k oil changes and let the car calm down before he switches it off - hopefully it'll last longer than its loan agreement then

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Just gave the 400 a hoover, polish and wax up ready for the house move next week.
Got to move to a new house with a clean car and something for the curtain twitchers to look at.
View attachment 88696
Hope the move goes well Dean. This week, I’ve accepted an offer on my house and had an offer accepted in the one I want to buy. Just got to sit tight for a few months until the solicitors get the chain sorted out!

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Let me know how you find it.

I have some ring products but, always find these things with integrated lights to be a case of try before you buy as the light spread and intensity could be below reasonable expectations.

My parents put one (Wired) on their house facing down the drive (to replace a motion sensor light), it is brilliant, catches anyone walking up and the lights are angled so they only cover their front garden

Reactions: DSK

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI, S350 Bluetec
My parents put one (Wired) on their house facing down the drive (to replace a motion sensor light), it is brilliant, catches anyone walking up and the lights are angled so they only cover their front garden

How is the outside durability against the elements?

I have 360 CCTV, stand-alone flood light and the ring doorbell but, I’ve been thinking a ring unit would be ideal to replace the standalone flood light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
How is the outside durability against the elements?

I have 360 CCTV, stand-alone flood light and the ring doorbell but, I’ve been thinking a ring unit would be ideal to replace the standalone flood light.

All good so far, it has been up 2 years and no issues

Reactions: DSK

Dean Fletcher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E400
Hope the move goes well Dean. This week, I’ve accepted an offer on my house and had an offer accepted in the one I want to buy. Just got to sit tight for a few months until the solicitors get the chain sorted out!
Cheers Steve, current house is up side down but getting there now.
you staying in the same area and congrats

Dean Fletcher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E400
Staying in Hampshire but moving to the south of the New Forest, about 3 miles from Katie's place, rather than 40 miles at present, Will save a lot of time and petrol!
Sounds like a plan, lovely area down there. I did a mock journey to work today from the new house knocks 17 minutes off the journey

Dean Fletcher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E400
Took the car last night the Penrith body repairs only to find this morning I’d brought both keys with me to Kendal :eek::eek: luckily our delivery driver was going up to Penrith so he’s dropping it in, don’t fancy another 90 min round trip to get the key up there

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Staying in Hampshire but moving to the south of the New Forest, about 3 miles from Katie's place, rather than 40 miles at present, Will save a lot of time and petrol!
The things a young man does for love :cool::p:D

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom