What would you buy if Mercedes didn't exist

Jasandjules

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C300 Estate (s205)
I would possibly go back to a Passat.... Not sure.

Gkinghorn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Cabriolet - 2011
Subaru .....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Subaru .....

I have to say that when I drove a Subaru Legacy I thought what an impressive car that was :)

Gkinghorn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Cabriolet - 2011
I have to say that when I drove a Subaru Legacy I thought what an impressive car that was :)
Always admired them .. understated control and power without the bling factor

littlebrooklyn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 A180d
I think I would buy a Range Rover Evoke, not sure I'd be able to drive it but I like them ;)

ToonArmyMick

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS/2011/350CDI
My current plan is to replace the CLS with an S Class in the next year or two, but if MB didnt exist.....

Porsche Panamera, theyre not everyones cup of tea I know, but I like them.

Or if i was going for a weekend toy then either a Jag mk2 or a Volvo P1800

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
My current plan is to replace the CLS with an S Class in the next year or two, but if MB didnt exist.....

Porsche Panamera, theyre not everyones cup of tea I know, but I like them.

Or if i was going for a weekend toy then either a Jag mk2 or a Volvo P1800

A friend of mine bought one just before Christmas, he said the same as you, not everyones cup of tea but he said it is the best car he has ever driven :)

MalcQV

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes CLA200
So was mine, but mine was a B series :)
So was mine. A series finished in 1975. I just did not have plastic front and rear bumpers, that and the front nose cone only had two slots (one either side) as oppose to four (two either side).
They also introduced the 1.8 engine which was either alloy head or both head and block. I'm sure the 2L block in mine moved forward with the later B-Series but I'm not sure.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
So was mine. A series finished in 1975. I just did not have plastic front and rear bumpers, that and the front nose cone only had two slots (one either side) as oppose to four (two either side).
They also introduced the 1.8 engine which was either alloy head or both head and block. I'm sure the 2L block in mine moved forward with the later B-Series but I'm not sure.

Same as my Berlinetta then :) .... I wasn't sure when the A Series finished. Yes, the 2.0 CIH was the basis for the fuel injected GTE.

There's a local body shop that is a bit of a grave yard for them ..... he'd intended to restore one when he retired, but never quite got around to retiring.

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
A question that has been rattling around my head for months now...

There's nothing in my price range within MB that is really floating my boat currently.

A45 / GLA45 tempting but too expensive to get decent spec, facelift car. And heard quite brittle on road.

So... Golf R was first thought; Audi S3 logical to consider; then came Focus RS (unusually for me, but quite drawn to them... in a dark colour); and Civic Type R getting good reviews (again, would have to be a dark colour, and I'd have to get over no heated seats!) o_O

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
I would be in a VW / Audi, probably a VW CC or Toerag

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I would be in a VW / Audi, probably a VW CC or Toerag
Dis-regarding the performance figures my take on the Civic Type R is that I think it is horrid. I should think that that is a pig to clean with all of those angles, nooks and crannies. I always have liked the VW CC, but performance is lacking especially against your 350GAD :)

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand
Always admired them .. understated control and power without the bling factor

Always liked them too, but apparantly mpg was horrendous on them.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
I always have liked the VW CC, but performance is lacking especially against your 350GAD :)

It would be as also loosing 1 liter and 2 cylinders from the engine, I just like them to look at. Would of course be the Arteon now with the 280bhp TSi and DSG

PINBALL

Reaction score
Website
www.coin-opcommunity.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 E230 / 124 E220 /124 E280 /210 E320 CDI Wagons
Prob a VOLVO V70 Estate is as near to the MB wagon I have now, but the poorer mpg / & expensive to replace Turbo together with a pretty poor driving seat that would give me chronic back ache on a long run would have to swapped with a BMW or Audi seat.

Perish the thought !

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom