Wheel refurbishment

davidsl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R172 250CDI Gone..!, R129 SL500 Gone...
It's a drive up the M5 but the prices might make it worth while, I take mine from Derbyshire and to avoid a return journey i'm considering the same day option next time.
Trouble is I don't get excited by shopping and that is all I would have to do with the day, at the Bullring, while waiting.

citywheelrefurbish

They did 4 wheels for my Jag about 6 weeks ago. Pretty good job for £20 a wheel! ( i took bare wheels in) Took 4 or 5 days to do but it was a spare set so I was in no rush. Just remember to take cash as they don't take credit / debit cards!

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Just out of interest, do you just remove wheel and mask up caliper?
I did, although next time I would probably want a professional job, with calipers rebuilt ...

Anyway, I used Hammerite, but be aware, their current paint won't like any sort of clear lacquer on top - so we've been told by one member who've had rather disappointing experience. I did mine two years ago, and it was fine with a couple of coats of HT clear lacquer.

OP
Capra

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2013 C350 CDI Pan roof
I did, although next time I would probably want a professional job, with calipers rebuilt ...

Anyway, I used Hammerite, but be aware, their current paint won't like any sort of clear lacquer on top - so we've been told by one member who've had rather disappointing experience. I did mine two years ago, and it was fine with a couple of coats of HT clear lacquer.
If my wife catches me anywhere near the brakes she will hit me with a big stick. I'll get a quote at some point. Cheers.

daibevan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C200 Kompressor Elegance SE 2006 Tanzanite Blue with cream interior
Loads on here about caliper painting from quick lick with Hammerite to real OCD stuff, have a search.

Argus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W205 Brilliant Blue/Grey, M274
This is a chap I spoke to in the week. Sounded spot on. So the consensus is Anthracite either painted or powder coated. I've really no idea when it comes to taste.

I think your earlier suggestion of orange suggests you have perfect taste :D

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)

I always use Japlac, it is much better on Calipers and doesn't degrade like Hammerite does, easy to apply with a 1/2" brush, very shiny

noonboots

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R230 SL 500 2003 M113 5.0l
I had my wheels done at Wheels UK in Coventry. I like things how M B did them so no fancy colours. £70+vat. +£40 for new valves for the TPMS. IMG_20180602_234034_196.jpg

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom