When to change ATF In 7G

Terrykal

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C219 cls55 amg
auto gearbox service is expensive (when compared to engine oil service or even manual gearbox oil service) and usually it is being "forgotten"
i recently was in the market for a used cls and none of them had a gearbox service. The one I finally bought had a gearbox oil service when car was 8 years old with about 60k (so not at 40k). I also read in the invoice of this service that the vgs valve was removed to be cleaned and i am not sure if this is due to the fact that the oil change wasn't on time.

OP
Carmatt

Carmatt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350cdi Cabriolet
My invoices show it done at 2015/32,000. (50k ago). Having read all these replies, I’ll put it on the to-do list for the next year or so but am not going to lose sleep over it. MB don’t after all. Pretty sure something more important to spend £200+ on will surface before long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
My invoices show it done at 2015/32,000. (50k ago). Having read all these replies, I’ll put it on the to-do list for the next year or so but am not going to lose sleep over it. MB don’t after all. Pretty sure something more important to spend £200+ on will surface before long.

Sounds like a plan buddy (MB don't worry about it , because they aren't paying for the end result when it's not done :D)

OP
Carmatt

Carmatt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350cdi Cabriolet
There is that, of course!

McDonald

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2004
My R Class had apparenty been dealer serviced before I got it. When I asked at the MB dealer if it had been done the reply was ... it should've been :confused:
The local indie I asked to change it said it didn't look like it'd ever been done & that was at about 50k miles.

I understood that all the details of every service done by MB was stored. If so, they should be able to confirm by checking the details of the services before and after 40,000 miles, at any dealership. Is this a Mercedes myth?

Bay Leaf

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 350 R231 2013
I think that's one of the main problems with MB they don't always log down what they've done.

matthew k

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 320 cdi Sport 7 seat estate
Take 'anything' a main dealer tells you with a massive pinch of salt, biggest rip off merchants going the vast majority sadly. 99.9% of the work is paid for unchecked, and when they do get caught out just blame it on poor communication etc.
Although, I have had some good experiences too, so this could be a bit sweeping. Ordering parts from Grangemouth for instance, flawless, couldn't be better. You have to judge each one as you find them, but some can be terrible.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom