Who's tyre shine do you buy?

Boxbrownie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350Cdi BE but now a Q3
spray while cleaning will always stain them especially with big wheels, a hard brake to stop makes them shiny again.
:confused:

Do not worry, it was a tongue in cheek remark (that Carl at least got ;)) , that light rust on the wheel was most likely formed from the wash the car got a while before, as you can see some on the disc at the start of the picture sequence...........all's well with the world :D

OP
Crazycarb

Crazycarb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1996 Jag XJ 3.2 , 2x Alfa spiders, 1X Alfa GTV V6 3.0.
Autoglym delivered to work by the local rep at trade price

Ah yes "trade price" I have always loved that phrase, however by the time Autoglym reaches us plebs, we're talking donating limbs.

michiganstar

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R230 SL500, R171 SLK300
Megs endurance is the best for longevity but I have tried the new Gyeon Q2 tyre dressing which is great for the nice weather but doesnt last as long if it rains.

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
I was looking at this very topic yesterday and have noted Meguiars is a respected brand in the detailing world. The gel has mixed reviews but overall seems to be good.

it is currently on 3 for 2 at Halfrauds so might be worth a punt

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/cl...rs-endurance-high-gloss-tyre-protection-473ml

Make sure you have a microfibre cloth per wheel with that stuff! It flings it all up the paint work if you don't give it a good rub off after leaving it to dwell for a bit. It will ruin the cloths too. :(

Last edited:
OP
Crazycarb

Crazycarb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1996 Jag XJ 3.2 , 2x Alfa spiders, 1X Alfa GTV V6 3.0.
Make sure you have a microfibre cloth per wheel with that stuff! It flings it all up the paint work if you don't give it a good rub off after leaving it to dwell for a bit. It will ruin the cloths too. :(

Oh yes, I never drive straight after applying, but always give it time to dry.

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
This happens the next day with the Megs stuff. I used it once and never again. It's ok if you're not going to drive it anywhere :rolleyes: ;)

Arzaam

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 2002 c180
This happens the next day with the Megs stuff. I used it once and never again. It's ok if you're not going to drive it anywhere :rolleyes: ;)

I have used meguiars endurance spray for quite sometime, never had a slinging problem, spray it liberally on a foam applicator pad then apply, the spray is pretty concentrated so you don't need loads but it does make the pad really gummy very soon,

I also have a bottle of endurance gel which I hardly use as I use hyper dressing which doesn't suffer from this,

The endurance spray has pretty high reviews and generally haven't heard complaints though endurance gel foes suffer a bit. There's not much difference between them though.

Arzaam

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 2002 c180
I was just referring that if someone is looking for a tyre gel and they are worried about endurance gel slinging they should get endurance spray, they even cost pretty much the same and according to meguiars are the same except that ones a spray form,

In my experience the spray has been better and is a good product and endurance gel isnt far off too:)

Last edited:

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)

I had some, I used a small ******* sponge to wipe it on with, easy to get the excess off with.

The AG stuff is very easy to use, just spray on and leave for 5 mins then wipe off any excess, simples

Corned

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 S211 E320CDI Avantgarde
I use Severn-Trent's.

With a little washing up liquid.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Why has the word k-i-t-c-h-e-n been blocked out on my post above!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

michiganstar

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R230 SL500, R171 SLK300
If you apply the Megs gel carefully it doesn't sling - the trick is to use it very sparingly with a good foam applicator.

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
If you apply the Megs gel carefully it doesn't sling - the trick is to use it very sparingly with a good foam applicator.

Oh trust me I've tried everything and it still slings in my experience.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom