Who's tyre shine do you buy?

OP
Crazycarb

Crazycarb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1996 Jag XJ 3.2 , 2x Alfa spiders, 1X Alfa GTV V6 3.0.
Why has the word k-i-t-c-h-e-n been blocked out on my post above!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In case you try and flog us one, and ask us to pay you with Western Union.

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
I have menee grate deeels for you.

5606cde3a146557be2d563a657f36cb5.jpg

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
tyre shine? you mean youre supposed to BUY it?

i just BORROW it. from anywhere that will let me have some! and if all else fails, HALFORDS and get the OH to pay (tell her she needs it to keep her tyres shiny, because she's OCD for cleaning!)

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
I was referring to Meguiars not Gyeon. I've never used it.

I possibly am a complete muppet though. Who knows. :rolleyes:

Arzaam

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 2002 c180
even meguiars website says
"Eliminates the mess of overspray, drips, streaks and spotted driveways."

but like anything that a company writes in the description or in the bump as they say,

practically its mostly a much different experience, and although it didn't sling in my experience but having used it and seen the feel and consistency of it i can easily see it sling in the right circumstances, their are certainly better options out there

michiganstar

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R230 SL500, R171 SLK300
I was referring to Meguiars not Gyeon. I've never used it.

I possibly am a complete muppet though. Who knows. :rolleyes:

I think you misread my post Carl - I originally recommended both but as you didnt like the Megs I double checked the Gyeon for flick and found it near impossible to put it on thick enough to cause it.

Image2000uk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 C220 Sport AMG Line
Autosmarts Finish works wonders on tyres. Is actually a dash cleaner but its other use is tyre dressing. I doesn't last very long but gives a good finish as its water based.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I tried the Aerospace 303 its a nice mat finish and it last very well.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Good isn't it. Did you scrub the tyres first? I find it lasts a week or so longer if I do.

The tyres were new, I did them weeks ago and still perfect and nice, I did the CL as well and they have been out in the rain and still very good many weeks later. I did not scrub the CL tyres, I just sprayed it into the sponge and wiped it on.

Yes the best one yet and it does not rub off on my legs as I brush by.

C16RKC

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Your Mercedes
2003 CL500, 2007 S320CDi
Meguiars endurance is my favourite... love that fruity smell. I apply first, leave for 30 minutes then buff off for a lovely matt finish.

And you are right it works much better is you scrub the tyres first - preferably with a citrus cleaner!

C16RKC

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Your Mercedes
2003 CL500, 2007 S320CDi
I tried the Aerospace 303 its a nice mat finish and it last very well.

I have some of the fabric protector, never knew there was a tyre treatment. I shall have to give this ago.

The fabric protectant is very good!

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
You will probably still find they're surprisingly dirty.

When you next come to apply. Give the tyres a good scrub and then either let them dry in the sun for a day or use a heat gun (carefully, which from some of your posts I gather you are) to dry them out before applying.

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
Meguiars endurance is my favourite... love that fruity smell. I apply first, leave for 30 minutes then buff off for a lovely matt finish.

And you are right it works much better is you scrub the tyres first - preferably with a citrus cleaner!

The best cleaner I've used (and doing detailing I've tried a lot) is Autosmart G101. That's not to say others aren't good or up to the job. I just find I get better results with G101. Plus it is a brilliant APC as depending on dilution it can be used for anything for cleaning interiors to removing brake dust.

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
I have some of the fabric protector, never knew there was a tyre treatment. I shall have to give this ago.

The fabric protectant is very good!

The 303 Aerospace Protectant is not strictly a tyre treatment. It's more a UV protection for plastics and rubber etc. However I found it gave me a finish I like and has good durability on a daily driver.

I don't like Meguiars Endurance as it doesn't last on a daily driver compared to 303. It also flings everywhere. I've put it on, left to soak in for a day and then used a microfibre cloth per wheel and still found small spatters on the paintwork. This of course is just my humble opinion and experience. I know plenty who swear by it. :)

C16RKC

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Your Mercedes
2003 CL500, 2007 S320CDi
The best cleaner I've used (and doing detailing I've tried a lot) is Autosmart G101. That's not to say others aren't good or up to the job. I just find I get better results with G101. Plus it is a brilliant APC as depending on dilution it can be used for anything for cleaning interiors to removing brake dust.

Never used it, will have to give it a go.

Left my detailing days behind me a few years ago when we got cracking on the house, but I do love to give the cars a good clean every now and again and the right products make a lot of difference.

C16RKC

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Your Mercedes
2003 CL500, 2007 S320CDi
The 303 Aerospace Protectant is not strictly a tyre treatment. It's more a UV protection for plastics and rubber etc. However I found it gave me a finish I like and has good durability on a daily driver.

I don't like Meguiars Endurance as it doesn't last on a daily driver compared to 303. It also flings everywhere. I've put it on, left to soak in for a day and then used a microfibre cloth per wheel and still found small spatters on the paintwork. This of course is just my humble opinion and experience. I know plenty who swear by it. :)

So that's another vote for 303 - will definitely give it go.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom