Xenon upgrade - what do I need

delboy777

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 W203, 220CDI Elegance Full Leather/Sat Nav
Dont know much about car fitments but i bought a pair of HID lights for a car with an H4 bulbs and fited one of them to my motorcycle and wow what a difference. They are not Bi and only work in dipped beam but to be honest you dont need full beam with these fitted. Total cost £40, and they are a plug and play fitment c/w ballast box etc fitted in 20 mins.

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
Thank you very much Malcolm and whitenemesis. It looks like my shopping list is:

2 x HID headlamp units
1 x front axle sensor (+ cable loom)
1 x rear axle sensor (+ cable loom)
a bit of labour.

Given the pair of bi-xenons on Mercland at £500, I should be able to get the whole thing done for under a grand I think. (Though I might try a pair of Philips ot Osram lamps first just to see if they make enough difference - not going to be as bright as xenons, but only £18!!!)

Cheers,
Bill

Hi Bill,
If you would like me to I can attempt to locate the MB part no's for you that you would need to do the OEM (legal) Installation of zenons.
If you e-mail me your chassis number i,ll see what i can do.

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Thank you very much Malcolm and whitenemesis. It looks like my shopping list is:

2 x HID headlamp units
1 x front axle sensor (+ cable loom)
1 x rear axle sensor (+ cable loom)
a bit of labour.

Given the pair of bi-xenons on Mercland at £500, I should be able to get the whole thing done for under a grand I think. (Though I might try a pair of Philips ot Osram lamps first just to see if they make enough difference - not going to be as bright as xenons, but only £18!!!)

Cheers,
Bill

It appears the S class doesn't use axle sensors but does require a seperate headlamp range adjustment control module and loom. This unit lives under the passenger side dash. This unit connects the headlamp adjustment motors to the engine CAN bus. Not sure how it all works though, i.e. how it senses changes in the vehicle attitude

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
It appears the S class doesn't use axle sensors but does require a seperate headlamp range adjustment control module and loom. This unit lives under the passenger side dash. This unit connects the headlamp adjustment motors to the engine CAN bus. Not sure how it all works though, i.e. how it senses changes in the vehicle attitude

Thanks Peter, that explains why I could not find them:D

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom