SL R231 Facelift (AMG line) front spoiler

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
Folks - any ideas on how to remove it. It appears to be detachable (unlike the pre facelift) ...sorry should have said splitter - not spoiler ....and I don't seem able to change the subject....

Thanks

Last edited:

sl500amgsport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2014
Sorry wish I could help but mine's a pre facelift R231 not many R231 owners on here as far as I can tell...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

OP
rorywquin

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
Sorry wish I could help but mine's a pre facelift R231 not many R231 owners on here as far as I can tell...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Yes - not too many anywhere! Coming from an SLK where there is a massive support group it is a pity but, nice having something a little rarer.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Sorry don’t know Rory, just as a matter of interest why are you looking to remove? Doing a wrap or something?

OP
rorywquin

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
Sorry don’t know Rory, just as a matter of interest why are you looking to remove? Doing a wrap or something?

Yes a carbon fibre cloth look - now that I've had the car for a while I feel that there is just a little too much white. I would like to do the mirror covers and splitter. I like doing things myself but, have established that I'd probably have to remove the whole front bumper to get at the splitter clips. I'd have a go at doing it in situ but it would be a battle doing it without getting the car off the ground.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Yes a carbon fibre cloth look - now that I've had the car for a while I feel that there is just a little too much white. I would like to do the mirror covers and splitter. I like doing things myself but, have established that I'd probably have to remove the whole front bumper to get at the splitter clips. I'd have a go at doing it in situ but it would be a battle doing it without getting the car off the ground.
Ah I see - yeah did wonder if the bumper would have to come off, not too bad then I suppose. Getting hydrographics?

OP
rorywquin

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
No goi
Ah I see - yeah did wonder if the bumper would have to come off, not too bad then I suppose. Getting hydrographics?

Going to do a wrap. Will deffo do the mirrors myself. Will probably pay a pro to do the splitter in situ! I might still give it a go myself in situ - just have to see how high I can get the front and how my back feels ......the Vinyl is not very expensive if I mess it up.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom