I’ve left the fold again

Lord_Lucan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
No longer own a Mercedes Benz
Well it’s official: I have left the MB fold for a second time and I suspect this time it may be for good.

I’ve sold my C320 this afternoon having already bought its successor a week or so ago. Reasons for sale was mainly due to seating position and my sensitive back which didn’t mix too well. Also I was a little worried about a big bill coming my way sooner rather than later.

I’ve replaced it with a Mitsubishi ASX crossover SUV. I hope it’s as reliable as a Mitsubishi Carisma I had a few years ago.

I’ll still be fairly active around here I’d imagine so you’ll not get rid of me that easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
I’ve replaced it with a Mitsubishi ASX crossover SUV. I hope it’s as reliable as a Mitsubishi Carisma I had a few years ago.

Really good cars the ASX

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
One of my pals has an '05 Mitsubishi Outlander with LPG conversion. It looks as though it's just been showroom prepared even though it's got mid 90's on the odometer. He says it's the most comfortable car he's had in years.

Like you Lord Lucan, I suffer with pains - predominantly in my knee joints and I've been casually looking at cars like his that I can get in and out of much more easily. I'm quite casual about the idea though 'cause my S203 still feels the same as it did the day I bought it although getting in and out is .... a pain.

umblecumbuz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 and CLC 204 cdi, MX5, Kia Soul
As for getting into and out of easily, with headroom to spare and amazingly comfortable seats, I have just (two months ago) added a Kia Soul diesel to the stable. Unusual car and not to everyone's taste - although the Yanks love them - but I'm more than impressed.
I can really say that I have not had such a comfortable, robust-feeling car in years. I say 'robust' because it is mechanically simple, with a chain instead of a belt, a solid flywheel (remember those?), a solid feel to the doors and tailgate, plus enough toys to keep me occupied.

Last edited:
OP
Lord_Lucan

Lord_Lucan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yep the ASX Diesel engine is definitely an agricultural one in terms of noise. I’m just hoping it’s also agricultural in being a work horse.

Did my first work commute the other day and it returned a healthy 58mpg according the obc so I’m estimated 52mpg real world pump to pump

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Well it’s official: I have left the MB fold for a second time and I suspect this time it may be for good.

I’ve sold my C320 this afternoon having already bought its successor a week or so ago. Reasons for sale was mainly due to seating position and my sensitive back which didn’t mix too well. Also I was a little worried about a big bill coming my way sooner rather than later.

I’ll still be fairly active around here I’d imagine so you’ll not get rid of me that easily.

A clear act of sedition you shall be beaten with a serpentine belt and sent for re-educating.

A big bill for a broken MB is a right of passage and part of the journey.

OP
Lord_Lucan

Lord_Lucan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A clear act of sedition you shall be beaten with a serpentine belt and sent for re-educating.

A big bill for a broken MB is a right of passage and part of the journey.

In that case I have paid my dues lol

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi

'We are programmed to receive.
You can check out any time you like,
But you can never leave!

The Eagles.....

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.

'We are programmed to receive.
You can check out any time you like,
But you can never leave!

The Eagles.....

Wrong song you silly old sod :geek::rolleyes::D:cool:

I've paid my dues
Time after time
I've done my sentence
But committed no crime
And bad mistakes