Only Autoglym from now on...

SmartAmg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 E class coupe 350 CDI
I'm coming to the end of a lot of my cleaning/detailing stuff,
so I've decided from now on, I'm sticking to Autoglym products, I've used a lot of there stuff, Rapid Detailer,
Instant Tyre Dressing,
Car Shampoo, Fast Glass, Super Resin etc etc, it's reasonably priced and always available from Halfords, when more often than not, it's on offer, I've always found there
stuff excellent, I've tried lots
of other stuff expensive and cheap, stuff others recommend as the best stuff since sliced bread, stuff I read about in magazines, and they are all much the same, some are rubbish, the choice is mind blowing, all in all, for me anyway good old Autoglym is great. :)

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
I'm coming to the end of a lot of my cleaning/detailing stuff,
so I've decided from now on, I'm sticking to Autoglym products, I've used a lot of there stuff, Rapid Detailer,
Instant Tyre Dressing,
Car Shampoo, Fast Glass, Super Resin etc etc, it's reasonably priced and always available from Halfords, when more often than not, it's on offer, I've always found there
stuff excellent, I've tried lots
of other stuff expensive and cheap, stuff others recommend as the best stuff since sliced bread, stuff I read about in magazines, and they are all much the same, some are rubbish, the choice is mind blowing, all in all, for me anyway good old Autoglym is great. :)
Have you tried Chemical Guys or Poorboys stuff buddy (the choice of champions , and me :rolleyes:)

OP
SmartAmg

SmartAmg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Have you tried Chemical Guys or Poorboys stuff buddy (the choice of champions , and me :rolleyes:)
Yep, tried Poorboys, no better,
than, Autoglym. :)

Chrishazle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 2008 C220CDI Elegance Estate Auto, 2008 R171 Facelift SLK280
Too much chalk filler in AG SRP for my liking, finds its way into the edge of any seal on the car! 3M Perfect-it is much better but has to be applied with a mop or DA.

Dean Fletcher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E400
I quite like maguires stuff there canuba wax amd trye dressing does a good job. I do like resin polish tho from autoglym.

Rappey69

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c220 w204 amg sport
Too much chalk filler in AG SRP for my liking
I had some autoglym glass cleaner.. Did a stunning job and was easy to use, but it left a white dust as you wiped it off the glass which as you say, rained down on the rubber..

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Autoglym car interior shampoo is also really good at getting rid of any marks on your house carpets.

A good tip if the management get on the warpath for oily footprints...

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Autoglym car interior shampoo is also really good at getting rid of any marks on your house carpets.

A good tip if the management get on the warpath for oily footprints...

So is Halfords Upholstery cleaner in the Green squirty thing, excellent on carpets. Won the best of in Auto Express :)

RhodieBill

Reaction score
Central South Coast. (Previously Out of Africa).
Your Mercedes
2001 W208 CLK320 182U ALMANDINE-BLACK METALLIC
Yes, I use most AutoGlym. Although I still use Meguiars Cleaner Wax as it is very good at covering slight scratches and used to use Meguiars Gold Class Trim Detailer but no longer available, and 3M Quick Wax is better than the AG Rapid Detailer - but that's it other than it's AutoGlym 100%

7pZJcEa.jpg

8SvHZiH.jpg

YJap9DJ.jpg

I also use their UHD Shampoo and UHD WAX - and the Pure Shampoo is excellent!

Dean Fletcher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E400
Yes, I use most AutoGlym. Although I still use Meguiars Cleaner Wax as it is very good at covering slight scratches and used to use Meguiars Gold Class Trim Detailer but no longer available, and 3M Quick Wax is better than the AG Rapid Detailer - but that's it other than it's AutoGlym 100%

7pZJcEa.jpg

8SvHZiH.jpg

YJap9DJ.jpg

I also use their UHD Shampoo and UHD WAX - and the Pure Shampoo is excellent!
What do you use to clean your bottles:D

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
As Post#6, Autoglym SRP is very good on light (white) cars but leaves a lot of white filler dust when polished off.
I think it may have been used on my black taxi at some point because the air vents at the rear of the car and all the paking sensors had a build up of white polish inside them. Took a while to remove that mess with shampoo and a soft toothbrush.

Tony Dyson

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 C 220 CDI W204 OM 651
The best thing I've found to clean and polish any type of glass is soap and water to get the crud off and yesterdays newspaper with a bit of elbow grease to polish, inside and out.

Wearsafoxhat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E55k :S211, SL500 :R129 , V220
I can see the sense in sticking with one brand, I assume that it is designed or chemically balanced to work the other products in that range.
Once happy with your choice you will get to know the products and if you can keep your head “buried in the sand”, you will save plenty of money and have some valuable shelf space.

Having dark cars, AG is a no go for me as too much white residue. Tyre dressing, yes.
More of a Carlack and Collinite person though this is not as readily available like AG. I have not yet buried my head, but intend too sometime.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
SmartAmg

SmartAmg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I can see the sense in sticking with one brand, I assume that it is designed or chemically balanced to work the other products in that range.
Once happy with your choice you will get to know the products and if you can keep your head “buried in the sand”, you will save plenty of money and have some valuable shelf space.

Having dark cars, AG is a no go for me as too much white residue. Tyre dressing, yes.
More of a Carlack and Collinite person though this is not as readily available like AG. I have not yet buried my head, but intend too sometime.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Agree about the white residue with the AG SRP but having a white car, it's not so much of an issue, cracking polish though. :)

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom