Sadly Leaving the Fold.

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
Well folks the time has come, a change in circumstances has occurred, which means I need to cut my cloth to suit and downsize.

The Coupé has been a source of great pleasure, some sadness, occasional bouts of swearing and a lot of fun. I'll be sorry to see her go, I don't think I've ever had a more comfortable, luxurious car and sadly, it looks as though I won't again.

It has been a great experience being part of this group, I've never met such a nice bunch of people in an on line car club like this. Most are more often war zones, however, I've always felt at home and comfortable here. The help and info available from the membership has been and is first class.

I will look in from time to time, to keep up with you guys if you don't mind. I don't expect you will as there are a few, John and Guy for example, who still post regularly despite moving on. I would like to do the same.

Although there is a small element of excitement at the thought of the change to an un-Merc just because it's a different car, I will miss the benefits and comforts of the E-Class.

All the best chaps and chapesses, have a great Christmas and New Year!

Jimbo.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Well folks the time has come, a change in circumstances has occurred, which means I need to cut my cloth to suit and downsize.

The Coupé has been a source of great pleasure, some sadness, occasional bouts of swearing and a lot of fun. I'll be sorry to see her go, I don't think I've ever had a more comfortable, luxurious car and sadly, it looks as though I won't again.

It has been a great experience being part of this group, I've never met such a nice bunch of people in an on line car club like this. Most are more often war zones, however, I've always felt at home and comfortable here. The help and info available from the membership has been and is first class.

I will look in from time to time, to keep up with you guys if you don't mind. I don't expect you will as there are a few, John and Guy for example, who still post regularly despite moving on. I would like to do the same.

Although there is a small element of excitement at the thought of the change to an un-Merc just because it's a different car, I will miss the benefits and comforts of the E-Class.

All the best chaps and chapesses, have a great Christmas and New Year!

Jimbo.

Really sorry to see you go Jim, I hope that whatever you move on to gives you as much pride as the MB. Good luck for the future whatever that may hold for you :)

sl500amgsport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2014
Goodluck with the new venture, please keep us posted like John, always an interesting read how others find the new vehicles..

Mercedes SL500 R231

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Cars come and go but decent forums are difficult to find so please stick around. There’s many a none Mercedes owner here so don’t feel as you have to leave just because the car has.

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
Same as that do post on how yr replacement behaves. U won't be only one downsizing...

SmartAmg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 E class coupe 350 CDI
Good luck, Jimbo, with whatever it is your doing, and with whatever car you get, keep in touch, from time to time. :):D
All the best for the New Year
to you and Mrs Jimbo and family.

onefortheroad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Me -2019 GLC 350 coupe AMG line. Mrs- ford kuga 65 plate awd powershift .
The fact that you are selling one Merc doesn’t mean you won’t have another in the future :D

I did exactly this , bought a Ford kuga , 3 months later I gave it away to the Mrs, traded her corsa in and bought a c250 . A year on I traded the c250 in and got an e350 ( c207 ) coupe .

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Good luck and stay safe Jimbo. Just remember that Mercedes are habit forming so you may well be back one day. I used to enjoy your posts because they reminded me of my silver 207 which was a lovely car.

jonnymerc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Cars A220 AMG HATCHBACK AUTO 2019, Audi A6 40 TFSI S tronic auto 2021
Good luck Jimbo all the best and have a great Christmas and in the new year hopefully something with 4 wheels floats your boat :)

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Sorry to hear you’re parting with the Benz Jim hope that whatever replaces it engenders something like as much interest. Agree with your views on forum members going above and beyond to help anyone select and maintain their cars I think it’s quite unique in that sense and made owning these cars more enjoyable.

Stay safe and do drop in from time to time and look forward to when you come back into the fold

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
It’s okay Jim, we can be patient until you come back! Mind you, you’re not really leaving so you’ll always be welcome!

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Sorry to hear you have to let your pride and joy go. Hopefully whatever replaces it (any hints?) will give you pleasure too.
As has been mentioned you can still check in even if you don't have an MB...

Rob7seven

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2020 AMG C300
It's posts like this with the various replies which show just what a great forum this is. I'm on several forums and this is the best by a country mile.

You're right, this is an excellent forum, almost all posts are are friendly and helpful. Despite the fact that my current Mercedes is my fourth, I've only been here since I bought my new C300 about six months ago. There are other forums out there that are comparable in friendliness and usefulness though, they aren't all bad. I've been on a few, and am currently fairly active on two others, one on Alfa Romeos, diminishing since I no longer own one sadly, and another on motor racing, I used to work in that business, but now largely from a historical viewpoint.

I've also tried "aggro forums", name calling and constant pointless arguments, I gave up very soon, something I don't doubt many others on here have experienced. Don't know about the rest of you, but apart from "nice" forums like this one, I don't "do" social media at all, so no Facebook, Twitter, or any of the others. I am now just past retiring age, but does that make me a dinosaur, in what will very soon be 2021?

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom